Lockhart Smokehouse at TexasLive! in Arlington

Rate the joints and share your experiences, pictures encouraged

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

buckythreadkiller USER_AVATAR
BuckyThreadkiller
Pilgrim
Location: North of Annetta South, south of Annetta North, top of the hill, third mailbox on the right.

Lockhart Smokehouse at TexasLive! in Arlington

Postby BuckyThreadkiller » Sun Dec 30, 2018 9:08 pm

Dropped by to see what all the fuss was - not bad Q for a tourist trap. It's every bit as good as the Lockhart Smokehouse in the Bishop Arts district and that one has good enough brisket that I'll make a trip from the West-O-Plex to Dallas. The fatty brisket had good bark and fell apart nicely. The ribs were moist and I believe the sausage is from Kreutz - it was a really solid meal. It's all by the pound and served on pink paper.

TexasLive is a joint in itsownself with 100-foot wide sports video boards, several bars, and barfood type establishments. Pudge Rodriguez has his name on a pizza place, Troy Aikman has his on a high-end burger bar, and Guy Fieri has a taco stand. But as a tourist destination the prices are premium with ballpark priced beer - $8 a pint. And all the food has an upcharge for a "facilities fee." And if there's something going on at the Ballpark or JerryWorld, they'll charge you the going rate of the event to park. That would make it a hard pass for me.

Right between the stadiums in Arlington, it's a place to see if you're at a Cowboys or Rangers game, but it'd be a spendy place to become a habit.
Bold talk for a one-eyed fat man.
limey USER_AVATAR
limey
Deputy

Re: Lockhart Smokehouse at TexasLive! in Arlington

Postby limey » Sun Dec 30, 2018 10:57 pm

It is touristy, Thanks for the good review. Heard Troys and Lockhart’s are the places to go.
How bout some more beans Mr.Taggert? I'd say you've had enough!
R & O Custom Trailer
Weber 22.5 Gold
Weber 22.5 Smoky Mountain
Oklahoma Joe Longhorn Edition
Limey BBQ Co. Competition Team
techieq USER_AVATAR
TechieQ
Wrangler

Re: Lockhart Smokehouse at TexasLive! in Arlington

Postby TechieQ » Mon Jan 07, 2019 6:09 pm

I've been to the Lockharts in old downtown Plano and it was legit Central Texas BBQ, but I didn't like the 2 hour wait. I've had BBQ of comparable caliber without a wait (though it has been a while). I really did enjoy the shoulder clod which is the first time I've had it and it's been rattling around in the back of my mind to see about doing some of that myself sometime.
Barbecue may not be the road to world peace, but it's a start.

Return to “BBQ Joints - Reviews & Discussion”