Caught a Bad One

Rate the joints and share your experiences, pictures encouraged

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

rms827 USER_AVATAR
rms827
Bandolero

Caught a Bad One

Postby rms827 » Sat Aug 25, 2018 11:04 pm

A week or so ago we headed to the coast to get away from the crazy amounts of smoke all thru the central valley (that's slowly improving by the way). We saw blue skies for the first time in almost two months too, LOL.

We went to Famous Dave's in Hayward. Man was that a mistake! Famous Dave's in Reno is awesome. They've earned all their trophies for sure. The one in Chattanooga TN was great too. This one was on the same level as a mediocre Dickey's BBQ... No smell of smoke in the restaurant, and the ribs were flavorless and tough. Tasted like they were cooked in an oven. Corn Bread was gritty and off-putting... The chicken was no better than the ribs. The fountain drinks were bad tasting too. I doubt they're cleaning the lines regularly. The service was horrible too. The only thing they came close to getting right was the Wilton Beans.

All I can say is if this is what the chain is like there in Texas, I can see why some of you aren't impressed with them. Shame as the Reno location is some of the best ribs I've had.
Rec Tec 680
Weber 22" Premium Kettle Grill in Green

"Nobody Beats Me in the Kitchen" - Casey Ryback (Steven Seagal - Under Siege 2)
Life's Too Short for Bad BBQ.
bigthicketbbq USER_AVATAR
BigThicketBBQ
Wrangler

Re: Caught a Bad One

Postby BigThicketBBQ » Tue Aug 28, 2018 2:39 pm

The last time that I went to the Famous Dave's in Branson I was very disappointed. It seems they've taken a turn for the worse, which sucks because I've really enjoyed them in the past.
——————————————
There is love enough in this world for everybody, if people will just look - Vonnegut
Instagram/behindthepinecurtain
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Re: Caught a Bad One

Postby OldUsedParts » Tue Aug 28, 2018 4:36 pm

the Wiffy and I have noticed that, more times than not, success in the Food Business seems to eventually lead to Poor Quality. :dont:
lately when we find a new place that we really like we both say "oh oh, just wait a few months and it'll change" :whiteflag:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"

Return to “BBQ Joints - Reviews & Discussion”