Cattelack BBQ

Rate the joints and share your experiences, pictures encouraged

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

erbeman USER_AVATAR
erbeman
Bandolero

Cattelack BBQ

Postby erbeman » Thu Mar 17, 2016 1:08 pm

Finally made my way over to Addison today to try Cattelack BBQ. They are only open on Thursdays and Fridays from 11 - 2. So, it's not too convenient. Anyway, I guess because it's spring break for some, there was hardly a line and at some times while we were eating, there was no line. I ordered 1/2 pound of moist brisket, one pork rib, one jalapeño and cheddar sausage and one spicy Texas sausage.

First thing up was the pork rib. It's a dry rib with a sweet rub. It was cooked perfectly and was a really nice looking rib. Next up was the brisket, which I had hoped would be the star of the show. To my surprise, I was a bit disappointed. It was really dry and lacked a good smokey flavor that I yearn for. The rub surprised me, as it had some heat to it. I'm not sure what it was, but I've never had brisket that was spicy before. I didn't really care for it. The sausages were pretty good, but nothing to write home about. Since everything but the ribs was just kinda "meh", I decided to give their bbq sauce a try. I'm a bit of a BBQ purist. So I don't use sauce on much of anything. I've gotta say, this sauce is pretty awesome. Once I tasted it, I dipped everything in it to let vendors things up. It a pretty thin sauce with a little heat to it.

Overall I would give it a 3 out of 5. I don't know that I would make a special trip to Addison for it again, but if I find myself in the area, I'd probably go again and just pass on the brisket.

Sent from my LG-H810 using Tapatalk
Smokin Erbe
UDS
Weber One Touch
boots USER_AVATAR
Boots
Wordsmith

Re: Cattelack BBQ

Postby Boots » Thu Mar 17, 2016 1:39 pm

Tried this the other day, nice set up, big crowds. I'd rate the beef ribs and sausage an A, Brisket and pork ribs a B or B+. JMHO.
BE WELL, BUT NOT DONE
Hank: "Do you know how to jumpstart a man's heart with a downed power line?"
Bobby: "No."
Hank: "Well, there's really no wrong way to do it."
spacetrucker USER_AVATAR
spacetrucker
Chuck Wagon

Postby spacetrucker » Sat Mar 19, 2016 9:07 am

just am amazed at the price of things....
I know the restaurant business is a tough one to make a living at but prices are sure high... probably most everywhere, and the ranchers :whiteflag:
however on the plus side, looks like they sell American owned and made bourbon though... :D
Don't count every day, Make every day Count
Good Cue to ya..
Vernon

FEC-100
Webber kettle 22"
Webber genesis
Blackstone pizza oven
bsooner75 USER_AVATAR
bsooner75
High Plains Smoker

Cattelack BBQ

Postby bsooner75 » Sat Mar 19, 2016 1:01 pm

Yup, that's pretty much the going rate for BBQ.

I'd rate it the best BBQ north of Pecan lodge and south of Hutchins… Lockhart in Plano has to fit in there somewhere as well.

Nice to do business at a place where the owner cooks and cuts your meat and his wife runs the register. Seem to be nice people as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Twitter handle @bsooner75
Raider18
Cowboy

Postby Raider18 » Sun Mar 27, 2016 3:32 am

I was there the week before, and agree on the ribs. I love their signature sandwich The Toddfather. That day they also had brisket lies that were awesome.

[img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160327/b368c3d591615deab8c32236c3eaf1e2.jpg[/img][img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160327/da2ee2921b875be664b28267b9d55a80.jpg[/img]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
big ed USER_AVATAR
Big Ed
Outlaw

Postby Big Ed » Sun May 15, 2016 8:55 pm

It should all be knocked out at those prices!! :scratch:
Can't Beat A Drum!!!

Big Ed BBQ
https://www.facebook.com/BigEdBbq
Custom elf Pit (UDS on Steriods)
Water Tower pit