Kenny's Smokehouse

Rate the joints and share your experiences, pictures encouraged

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

erbeman USER_AVATAR
erbeman
Bandolero

Kenny's Smokehouse

Postby erbeman » Wed Mar 05, 2014 9:09 am

I finally made it here last week for lunch with a buddy. They had a beef rib plate with 2 beef ribs and a side for $16. I was intrigued as to why it was so cheap, and beef rib is my favorite piece of meat, so I gave it a go. Man, was I disappointed. They brought two ribs that were about 8-9 inches long and meat covered half of it and it was covered in bbq sauce. A fork is all I've ever needed to eat a beef rib as the meat just pulls apart so easily. We not these ribs. I needed a knife and fork and it seemed like there just wasn't much meat to them at all. I've heard several folks on here say good things about Kenny's. I'll probably give them another shot, but I definitely won't order beef ribs from there again. I had taken a picture I thought, but when I went to look for it, it wasn't in my phone. So sorry, no pics this time.
Smokin Erbe
UDS
Weber One Touch
sparetimetoys USER_AVATAR
sparetimetoys
Bandolero

Re: Kenny's Smokehouse

Postby sparetimetoys » Wed Mar 05, 2014 10:40 am

I get the pulled pork tostadas and brisket sandwiches. I dont get the beef ribs because im not a fan of them. I do like the prime rib there better than salt licks in driftwood.
Thank You to all the fine folks here for all the tips and advice so I can now smoke a chunk of meat and folks actually eat it.
ndn98 USER_AVATAR
NDN98
Pilgrim

Postby NDN98 » Mon Mar 10, 2014 10:27 pm

I haven't tried their beef ribs, but I was disappointed in their brisket, sausage, pulled pork, and pork ribs. I had high expectations because I had heard so many people talk about it, but I was not impressed at all. The sauce on the ribs was horrendous.
erbeman USER_AVATAR
erbeman
Bandolero

Postby erbeman » Tue Mar 11, 2014 8:36 am

NDN98 wrote:I haven't tried their beef ribs, but I was disappointed in their brisket, sausage, pulled pork, and pork ribs. I had high expectations because I had heard so many people talk about it, but I was not impressed at all. The sauce on the ribs was horrendous.

I would venture out to say, it was the same sauce on the beef rib! Well, that does it for me I think. I figured I would give them another shot with brisket, but I think I'll just stick to Hutchins, Lockhart Smokehouse and mine.
Smokin Erbe
UDS
Weber One Touch
alwayssmokey USER_AVATAR
AlwaysSmokey
Pilgrim

Postby AlwaysSmokey » Tue Mar 11, 2014 2:26 pm

Well,... I know everyone's gonna roll there eyes but we were all waitin' for someone to say it,..... If you want good Q do it yourself !! :deadhorse:
Sorry about the terrible beef rib experiance. I really love some good beef ribs,... even a lil' more than pork ones.
Life is too short for bad food

Return to “BBQ Joints - Reviews & Discussion”