Slow Bone for lunch

Rate the joints and share your experiences, pictures encouraged

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

sparetimetoys USER_AVATAR
sparetimetoys
Bandolero

Slow Bone for lunch

Postby sparetimetoys » Wed Nov 06, 2013 1:16 pm

I finally made the extra drive over to the Bone today. I had the 1/2 lb sliced brisket sammich and a slice of buttermilk pie. Cost was $12. The brisket was from the point but it was moist and tender. Now the bad part the bark was just nasty it tasted like they tossed ashes on the thing to make a crust. If you scraped it off the actual meat was not that bad, but an hour after eating there all i taste is that nasty bark. A funny side note is the guy who was slicing the meats is Mike Andersons brother. He recognised us from Mikes and said hi. I would not drive past Mikes to go here again. Biut thats just my opinion on my trip from today your views may differ. :laughing7:
Thank You to all the fine folks here for all the tips and advice so I can now smoke a chunk of meat and folks actually eat it.
erbeman USER_AVATAR
erbeman
Bandolero

Re: Slow Bone for lunch

Postby erbeman » Thu Nov 07, 2013 12:59 pm

I've been here a few times and I've never liked anything other than their brisket and cornbread, and the brisket was really good. I'm betting you were just unlucky on that day and got a bad one. Its worth giving them one more shot in my opinion unless he has changed up his recipe. I haven't been in a few months though.
Smokin Erbe
UDS
Weber One Touch

Return to “BBQ Joints - Reviews & Discussion”