Manns smokehouse

Rate the joints and share your experiences, pictures encouraged

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

pitpig4151 USER_AVATAR
PITPIG4151
Rustler

Manns smokehouse

Postby PITPIG4151 » Sun Oct 13, 2013 11:40 am

I’ve loved Mann’s Bar B Q for years. He is a native Georgian and it influences his Q. Best sides I have ever had, bar none. His daughter now runs things and like a Jedi master she has mastered the art of her father. I recommend the pulled pork and really anything but the sauces are insane. Mann’s is located on 183 and Ohlen road across from the Target. A little slice of heaven in a crappy part of town. :texas:

Edit: 8624 Research Blvd, Austin, TX 78758
Ole Hickory EL revolving racks 45 sq ft.

"Texas has yet to learn submission to any oppression, come from what source it may."
-Sam Houston
eltex USER_AVATAR
eltex
Rustler

Re: Manns smokehouse

Postby eltex » Sun Oct 13, 2013 4:32 pm

Haven't been there in a bit over a year, but I have always liked the place.

"Would you like a little flavor with that?" (aka, lean or fatty) :laughing7:

I'll put it on a to-do list for this winter. I remember some long lines on some days. Is that still the case?
pitpig4151 USER_AVATAR
PITPIG4151
Rustler

Postby PITPIG4151 » Mon Oct 14, 2013 6:18 am

eltex wrote:"Would you like a little flavor with that?" (aka, lean or fatty) :laughing7:

LOL! Gotta love that guy! That cracked me up you saying that. That is exactly how I remember him. It is still busy but there hours are a bit strange as well now. They do offer free brownies though. Enjoy. Be safe.
Ole Hickory EL revolving racks 45 sq ft.

"Texas has yet to learn submission to any oppression, come from what source it may."
-Sam Houston
guitarzantx USER_AVATAR
GuitarzanTX
Pilgrim

Postby GuitarzanTX » Fri Oct 18, 2013 8:59 pm

We live around the corner, but I'll excuse the remark regarding our neighborhood. :| A block or so away from 183 it's really pretty nice. We also have the best concentration of great Asian food in the city in our neighborhood. I digress.

These days, I can't catch Mann's open. I've been a customer for years, but they appear to only be open for lunch, which precludes dropping by and picking up supper for the family. I don't know how they are keeping the doors open. BTW, the chicken is good, as well, as are their beans. (The steam table sides, not so much. A failed experiment they should have dropped years ago. Stick with the standard sides.) Hope they figure out how to be open in the evening, if only until 7.
Smoking:
Riley UDS

Grilling:
Charbroil Commercial Series 4-burner Propane with Rotisserie for those weeknight meals when food just needs to get on the table

Return to “BBQ Joints - Reviews & Discussion”