Home Team BBQ, Charlston SC

Rate the joints and share your experiences, pictures encouraged

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

datsbbq USER_AVATAR
DATsBBQ
Deputy

Home Team BBQ, Charlston SC

Postby DATsBBQ » Sun Jun 16, 2013 1:52 pm

The last night in Charleston we ordered in. Got a full rack of St. Louis Style spares along with sides of Mac & Cheese, Brunswick stew and Tomato & Cucumber Salad. Ordered the Vinegar Sauce and asked for a sample of their mustard sauce. http://hometeambbq.com/eat/sullivans-island-menu/
HomeTeamBBQdelivery (2).jpg

They sent 3 samples of their mustard sauce and one sample of their ketchup based vinegar sauce. The clear sauce was the best of the sauces hands down. It reminded me of my Lexington style sauce. viewtopic.php?f=17&t=13822&p=129476&hilit= The mustard sauce was very thick, much thicker than SuckleBusters Gold if any here have tried it. The ketchup version was really tomatoie (if that's a word). None of them were excessively sweet -something I appreciate.

The ribs themselves came un-sauced wrapped in foil. If they were sauced, it was a really thin layer. Very meaty. Surprisingly meaty. Cooked perfectly, just a tug to get them off the bone. Yum!

The Brunswick stew I've never had before but I liked it. Tomato base, corn, lima beans, okra, potatoes and pulled pork. Good use for left over BBQ, and most of us are always looking for a vehicle to that. MacNcheese used either American or white Cheddar. I'm leaning to the American. The salad was good as it lightened the meal.

I'm usually disappointed when I eat Q out, but this time I wasn't. If anyone's headed to Charleston you owe to yourself to eat here.
Deputy Dave

“A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer."-Bruce Lee

Return to “BBQ Joints - Reviews & Discussion”