Jim n Nicks BBQ, Bermingham AL

Rate the joints and share your experiences, pictures encouraged

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

sparetimetoys USER_AVATAR
sparetimetoys
Bandolero

Jim n Nicks BBQ, Bermingham AL

Postby sparetimetoys » Sat May 18, 2013 3:57 pm

Out of town working today and while we are on hold for parts we decided to grab a bite. The guys here said try this you cant go wrong. Well we went wrong. Brisket was dry and hidden under way too much sauce. Sides were nothing special other than the biscuts with honey butter. Next time ill just hit Chik-Fil-A
Thank You to all the fine folks here for all the tips and advice so I can now smoke a chunk of meat and folks actually eat it.
sparetimetoys USER_AVATAR
sparetimetoys
Bandolero

Re: Jim n nicks bbq in bermingham airport

Postby sparetimetoys » Mon May 20, 2013 2:41 pm

Just a update. We went back on Sunday and ate there again only because we were stuck at the airport and it was the only thing open at that time. I tried the stuffed baked spud with brisket. It was ok brisket had good flavor but they must think everyone loves their sauce. Must have put half the bottle on it back in the kitchen. Here is what truely amazed me about this place. They have real metal knives forks and spoons!! They are on the inside of the secured area of the airport. Our boss forgot his leatherman was in his bag and almost got a cavity search i had my mag light in my bag because i didnt want to have anotherone broken traveling in my tool box and had toface the head screaner about why i needed this then they did the residue wipe on it I was glad it didnt get into any jet fuel this trip You can't have nail clippers or files here and lord help you if you'd shampoo bottle is too large, but just go over and get some BBQ and get a real knife. The little biscuits didn't make it to the flight home.
Thank You to all the fine folks here for all the tips and advice so I can now smoke a chunk of meat and folks actually eat it.

Return to “BBQ Joints - Reviews & Discussion”