Hall of Fame BBQ, Austin TX

Rate the joints and share your experiences, pictures encouraged

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

Pflugerbill
Pilgrim

Hall of Fame BBQ, Austin TX

Postby Pflugerbill » Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:58 pm

Hall of Flame is operating our of a food trailer serving up some of best brisket I've ever had...better than Franklin's IMO. They have a wasabi cole slaw that is absolutely killer!!

Their food trailer is in the Pflugerville Pfood Ranch and only open on weekends but will be expanding their schedule I believe.
rambo USER_AVATAR
Rambo
Deputy

Re: New BBQ king in town

Postby Rambo » Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:10 pm

Wow, I did some research and their reviews are great. I have a couple of friends that are going to check them out. Thank you for the tip.
fr8 train USER_AVATAR
FR8 Train
Bandolero

Postby FR8 Train » Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:48 pm

Pretty close to me, I'll have to check it out sometime. I'll report back if I make it out there. I make so much BBQ on my own we normally opt for mexican food when eating out but I love trying the non chain start ups.
"Sic 'em Bears"
eltex USER_AVATAR
eltex
Rustler

Postby eltex » Fri Feb 22, 2013 6:02 pm

Ok, I gotta add this one to my list for places to try. Thanks for the update, and I hope to get there eventually. The problem is it's in Pflugerville/RR area. FWIW, all new BBQ joints should be in East Austin, so I can sample them more often. Putting stuff in BFE is just too far for me. :chef:
Damon54
Cowboy

Postby Damon54 » Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:48 pm

So the 2205 location is permanent & there is one Food Trailer that roams?
Pflugerbill
Pilgrim

Postby Pflugerbill » Fri Mar 01, 2013 1:34 pm

Damon54 wrote:So the 2205 location is permanent & there is one Food Trailer that roams?

That's correct.
The Pfluger Pfood Ranch is at the 2205 location. Hall of Flame, HoF, is there but only open on Saturdays. They are however serving in the Protect America parking, in ROund Rock, every other Wednesday.

You can check them out on Facebook. The owners are really good about posting their hours and locations. Super nice guys serving up a brisket that "smokes" Franklin...in my opinion.
Damon54
Cowboy

Postby Damon54 » Sat Mar 16, 2013 3:25 pm

Made it out there today. I cannot conclude that it is a superior product to the brisket at Franklins but it is mighty tasty!

Return to “BBQ Joints - Reviews & Discussion”