Beef Ribs

Rate the joints and share your experiences, pictures encouraged

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

tex USER_AVATAR
Tex
Wrangler

Beef Ribs

Postby Tex » Wed Jun 13, 2007 4:38 pm

I went to Salt Lick on Sunday, wanted to try their beef ribs (they only sell them on Sunday) and they were sold out. Beef ribs arent real common so I typically dont order them but was feeling a little adventurous. Now I got my heart all set on em, anybody got any good recommendations?
bigwheel
Outlaw

Postby bigwheel » Wed Jun 13, 2007 10:12 pm

Might try the Bar L drive in in Whiskeyta Falls TX on Thursday. Now they coulda changed that up since I was last there. It was a few decades back. Sure aint nobody around Foat Wuth who got em that I know of. Taking a wild guess you from around Austin maybe? Seems like that is where I have heard the Salt Lick name mentioned as being located. Now is this hot or cold?

bigwheel
datsbbq USER_AVATAR
DATsBBQ
Deputy

Re: Beef Ribs

Postby DATsBBQ » Wed Jun 13, 2007 10:27 pm

Tex wrote:I went to Salt Lick on Sunday, wanted to try their beef ribs (they only sell them on Sunday) and they were sold out. Beef ribs arent real common so I typically dont order them but was feeling a little adventurous. Now I got my heart all set on em, anybody got any good recommendations?

In Texas, where Beef is KING :dshock: What is the world coming too? :cry:
Deputy Dave

“A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer."-Bruce Lee
bigwheel
Outlaw

Postby bigwheel » Wed Jun 13, 2007 10:35 pm

Well I spent years claiming all the good beef ribs went direct to Tokyo..but they just lifted the mad cow disease ban not too long back so I guess they was innocent. I dont know why it so hard to find any which is edible.

bigwheel
tex USER_AVATAR
Tex
Wrangler

Postby Tex » Thu Jun 14, 2007 1:50 pm

Hot
joe USER_AVATAR
joe
Pilgrim

Art's Rib House

Postby joe » Wed Jun 27, 2007 4:59 pm

I used to get some pretty good beef ribs at Art's Rib House (south Lamar Austin). Never got any that wasn't at least pretty good. Haven't been there in a few years so if you go, let us know what you think!
dahorns USER_AVATAR
DaHorns
Bandolero

Postby DaHorns » Wed Jun 27, 2007 5:14 pm

County Line BBQ on 2222, they have some good ones too........I made some yesterday that were good...... :wink:
Yellow Dog BBQ Team
Gator Predator
When people realize what is really important in life there will be a shortage of fishing rods.

Return to “BBQ Joints - Reviews & Discussion”