Hello from East Texas

Where 'ya from? Whadda 'ya cook on? Tell us a little about yourself. Is there a bounty on your head?

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

CoyoteBlues
Rustler

Postby CoyoteBlues » Sun Jan 14, 2007 2:48 pm

Funny bigwheel :D :D

Not common at all ...unless well...make up any excuse you want... :D :D

They should have been whipped with their own wood :wink:
hof USER_AVATAR
HOF
Rustler

Postby HOF » Sun Jan 14, 2007 3:08 pm

bigwheel wrote:Hi HOF..welcome. Now we went to a cookoff in E. Texas one time (Terrell) where the local slabsavers and doughnut munchers had formed up a cookteam. We was parked fairly close so I mosied over there to say howdy do when I noticed their fire was smelling sorta funny. Got to investigating the situation and come to find out they was cooking with Pine. I say..where did yall get that wood? They say proudly..Some feller give it to us free. Good Lawdy Miz Claudy...that hit my funny bone like a ton of bricks. Time the word got out think every cook in the place made the rounds to get a whiff of that fire. Tell us that aint a common practice in E. Texas:)

bigwheel

Big wheel = That's funny. Where do you hail from?
My greatest fear is when I die my wife will sell my fishing gear for what I told her I paid for it.
Bill
Rustler

Postby Bill » Sun Jan 14, 2007 3:09 pm

After he tells you, ask him where hewas born ~ You ain't gonna believe !! :lol:
dallas USER_AVATAR
Dallas
Rustler

Postby Dallas » Sun Jan 14, 2007 3:12 pm

Massachusetts? :shock:
Smoke 'em if you got 'em
Bill
Rustler

Postby Bill » Sun Jan 14, 2007 3:15 pm

Dallas wrote:Massachusetts? :shock:

LOL! No, but it might be closer to Massachusetts than Tejas.
bigwheel
Outlaw

Postby bigwheel » Sun Jan 14, 2007 3:34 pm

Well I was born on a cold dark Thursday night in Corpus Christi. Now fortunantly it wasn't last Thursday:) Have spent quality time in such diverse places as Graham...Whiskeyta Falls...Austin..San Angelo..Foat Wuth...Wise and Wilbarger Counties. Even spent a bleak 6 months or so in Okiehoma one time whilst trying to learn em how to play football back in the old collegate days. Whew...there is a lot of Okies up there. Spent most of the time trying to stay out of jail on that deal. They frown on throwing beer cans out of the car winder and shooting holes in the signs at the shopping centers etc. It was a muracle to have survived that deal. Past 20 years or so have hung the hat in Foat Wuth yet again.

bigwheel
hof USER_AVATAR
HOF
Rustler

Postby HOF » Sun Jan 14, 2007 3:38 pm

I can already tell.......

We're going to be friends. :D
My greatest fear is when I die my wife will sell my fishing gear for what I told her I paid for it.
Bill
Rustler

Postby Bill » Sun Jan 14, 2007 3:43 pm

Well, I coulda sworn I read somewhere that you were from the Carolina's or somewhere in that neighborhood. Guess I was wrong..
gator USER_AVATAR
Gator
Sheriff

Postby Gator » Sun Jan 14, 2007 3:58 pm

BTW,

(no offense to Terrell) I think most folks in East Texas dont consider it actually East enuff until get out to about the Canton area... :D
Last edited by Gator on Sun Jan 14, 2007 4:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gator

"I won't tolerate rude behavior" - Woodrow F Call
Bill
Rustler

Postby Bill » Sun Jan 14, 2007 4:02 pm

Where's Canton? Louisiana?
dallas USER_AVATAR
Dallas
Rustler

Postby Dallas » Sun Jan 14, 2007 4:13 pm

The Football Hall of Fame is in Canton, Ohio, the most famous Canton this side of China! Also the birthplace of William McKinley!

Come to think of it of the four assasinated Presidents, half were from Ohio! :shock:
Smoke 'em if you got 'em
hof USER_AVATAR
HOF
Rustler

Postby HOF » Sun Jan 14, 2007 5:35 pm

Dallas wrote:The Football Hall of Fame is in Canton, Ohio, the most famous Canton this side of China! Also the birthplace of William McKinley!

Come to think of it of the four assasinated Presidents, half were from Ohio! :shock:

My one regret from our Buckeye days is we didn't visit the Hall of Fame. I was living there when Walter Payton was inducted. He was my hero when growing up. I should have driven up to see Sweetness inducted.

Oh well, the biggest Buck I've ever tagged was down in the Portsmouth area. That is some beautiful hill country down along the river. God Bless Ohio. We have dear friends there. :)
dallas USER_AVATAR
Dallas
Rustler

Postby Dallas » Sun Jan 14, 2007 5:38 pm

HOF, you are right it is very pretty down there. The Ohio BBQ championship is held in late October in the hocking hills in Nelsonville. You should try to visit your friends and take in the competition.

A team from Texas won it last year! Since it's the only contest in Ohio, its an automatic qualifier for Jack Daniels and the American Royal Invitational!
Smoke 'em if you got 'em
bigwheel
Outlaw

Postby bigwheel » Sun Jan 14, 2007 5:48 pm

Well no I aint personally from NC but all my Daddy's ancestors migrated from there as soon as they smartened up a little. They just leave a note on the kitchen table which say "Gone to T" and everbody know thut they meant. That was for them who was literate of course. My Mama was part Native Amerkickan Injun and borned in Lawton, Okiehoma. Her Mama was found wandering around after a big forest fire up in Manysoto in the late 1800's when she was about 4 years old. They never could find her parents so a family took her in and raised her up. I might be part African Americkan for all I know. I got a big flat nose which I have been told is a clue on that deal. Course it been smacked a few times which could have contributed to the theory. I would hate to have to trace my roots. It could get cornfusing. I think at least on my Daddy's side we was of Limey origins cuz we do not get along well with Frog Eating Frenchies for some reason. Just thinking out loud here of course.

bigwheel

Bill wrote:Well, I coulda sworn I read somewhere that you were from the Carolina's or somewhere in that neighborhood. Guess I was wrong..
bigwheel
Outlaw

Postby bigwheel » Sun Jan 14, 2007 5:51 pm

Well I dont know where most of these folks hang out..but I consider E. Texas anything on the far side of Useless..er I mean Euless. Thats where you start bumping into grit eaters..shudder. Thats a sure sign you into E. Texas.

bigwheel

Gator wrote:BTW,

(no offense to Terrell) I think most folks in East Texas dont consider it actually East enuff until get out to about the Canton area... :D

Return to “WANTED POSTERS - New Member Introductions”