Hi all!

Where 'ya from? Whadda 'ya cook on? Tell us a little about yourself. Is there a bounty on your head?

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

Uncle D
Pilgrim

Hi all!

Postby Uncle D » Mon Feb 19, 2007 6:08 pm

Hi all, and thank you Gator for the invite to check out The Texas BBQ Forum.
>Where 'ya from? Northern CA via Memphis.
>Whadda 'ya cook on? I use an old school (from the 50's or 60's) round - half / hooded grill. You know the kind with a grill that raises and lowers with a crank handle and an electric rotisserie attachment.
I also use a Brinkman Gourmet smoker.
>Tell us a little about yourself. Is there a bounty on your head?
Well, I can't go into the bounty part....I think they are still look'n for me.
For business I make a living in the electronics industry. I own a small engineering company and run a big industry web page.
For fun I play in a classic rock band, and of course - the reason I'm here, I love to cook and BBQ.
Gator found me on my newest venture, a web page dedicated to cooking & Q'n called BBQ and Kitchen that I'm having a lot of fun with. As with my other web page, it's already introduced me to a lot of great folks and ideas I would have never thought of otherwise.
Any way, I'm looking forward to checking out the forum and sharing what I can, and learning from you all.
Uncle D
I was not always like this
osd USER_AVATAR
OSD
Retired Lawman

Postby OSD » Mon Feb 19, 2007 8:11 pm

Welcome aboard :D
Jim
gator USER_AVATAR
Gator
Sheriff

Postby Gator » Mon Feb 19, 2007 8:59 pm

Uncle D - Glad you made it over!

you 'got me to think, what exactly qualifies for classic rock these days? :lol: 8)

I used to listen to classic rock and the new rock, now I think my "new rock" may now be classic. jeeze i am getting old. :roll:

Anyway, glad you are aboard. We like all kinds of rock and BBQ.
Gator

"I won't tolerate rude behavior" - Woodrow F Call
bigwheel
Outlaw

Postby bigwheel » Mon Feb 19, 2007 9:40 pm

Hi Uncle D..welcome.

bigwheel
datsbbq USER_AVATAR
DATsBBQ
Deputy

Postby DATsBBQ » Mon Feb 19, 2007 10:24 pm

Uncle D,
Glad you found your way here. Post often 8)
Deputy Dave

“A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer."-Bruce Lee
big mike USER_AVATAR
Big Mike
Cowboy

Postby Big Mike » Tue Feb 20, 2007 10:10 am

Hey there Uncle D.
Mike

Eagle River BBQ
Uncle D
Pilgrim

What exactly qualifies for classic rock these days?

Postby Uncle D » Tue Feb 20, 2007 2:12 pm

...you 'got me to think, what exactly qualifies for classic rock these days?
I used to listen to classic rock and the new rock, now I think my "new rock" may now be classic. jeeze i am getting old.
Gator

Well Gator,
I know what you mean by getting old, I'm now age 52 (and darn proud to still be rock'n.) To me the golden age of Rock & Roll and what I call Classic Rock is from approximately 1964 to 1974, my formative years when bands like The Byrds, The Animals, Buffalo Springfield, The Beatles, Cream, Joplin, Hendrix, The Who, Van Morrison, Spencer Davis, Rolling Stones, Johnny Rivers and the like were the bands they played on the radio and those are the artists my band covers (of course we do toss in some Johnny Cash every now and then though) We cover a few newer tunes, but they are from artists that sound like the bands from the 60's such as Tom Petty.
If anyone would like to check us out and listen to a few tunes, the band's web page is www.TheRetroRockets.com
Uncle D
PS, if anyone here is into modern rock, check out my son's band (as in both my boys) www.myspace.com/undergone
I was not always like this

Return to “WANTED POSTERS - New Member Introductions”