ftf

Where 'ya from? Whadda 'ya cook on? Tell us a little about yourself. Is there a bounty on your head?

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

osd USER_AVATAR
OSD
Retired Lawman

ftf

Postby OSD » Sat May 24, 2008 11:16 am

Welcome aboard. :D :D
Jim
jamesb USER_AVATAR
JamesB
Retired Lawman

Postby JamesB » Sat May 24, 2008 2:05 pm

Welcome ftf!
honu41
Outlaw

Postby honu41 » Sun May 25, 2008 7:38 am

Aloha and welcome ftf. :) Tell us 'bout yourself ...

a hui hou,
honu41
mel USER_AVATAR
mel
Bandolero

Postby mel » Sun May 25, 2008 10:55 am

wecome :D
MELs We have you covered
www.mels-bbq-covers.com
made in the USA

1-800-569-3592
ftf USER_AVATAR
ftf
Pilgrim

ftf

Postby ftf » Mon May 26, 2008 2:55 pm

Thanks all.

Been out of town all weekend up around Inks Lake State Park (nnw of Austin for out of staters). Stopped by Opies in Spicewood on the way out and picked up a half a brisket. They cook cowboy style. Left it in the oven while we fished all day Saturday and then finally sliced some up late that evening for the six of us. It was dominate, as usual. Brought the rest home tonight and am going to chop it up and let it simmer with something. Also have 8 left over chicken thighs that I smoked last Friday which I'm going to chop and simmer in some brown sugar bbq sauce. Anyone have any recommendations for a good store bought sauce to make the brisket into chopped beef? Would prefer something with a little vinegar, like salt lick's sauce.

Thanks again for the welcome.

ftf
bowhnter USER_AVATAR
bowhnter
Chuck Wagon

Postby bowhnter » Mon May 26, 2008 3:57 pm

Welcome! 8)
Mike

Primo Oval XL
Grilla Silverbac
Weber 26”, 22”, and Jumbo Joe
Weber Genesis
Ooni Pro Pizza oven
Blackstone 22 and 36
bigwheel
Outlaw

Postby bigwheel » Mon May 26, 2008 4:10 pm

Hey ftf..welcome. Think I have heard of Inks lake. Aint that up by lake Buchannan etc? Ya know we like about any good tasting sauce for the chopped bbq angle. In a perfect world I would choose Texas Rib Rangers Spicy..whew sometimes I just drink that stuff outta the jug. But it now a mail order item as far as I know. Warden usually uses some kind of Kroger generic of KC Masterpiece ect. Put enough Siriachi sauce and onyawns on there its all good. It I was doing the chopping..I would take the Bullseye Texas Mesquite Flavor. I know an old comp cook who claims that stuff has put much dinero in his back pocket. Any kiind of Bullseye is high quality stuff compared to most other choices. Just read the ingredient list. Viya con dios.

bigwheel

PS edit: Woops..I hate being such a big liar but Texas Rib Ranger do have at least one retail outlet in the DFW area which is Foreman's General Store in Colleyville. He got all kinds of hard to find stuff. Will do mailorder without a doubt. Call em on the phone and axe for Scott aka "Prickley Heat" on any day cept Sun and Thursday. Tell him I sent ya..he will give you a deal. He also has Honda Generators..rat pizzen..Sthil chainsaws and stuff like that. Beer and wind making equiment and ingredients too. It sorta like a good old boy dying and going to heaven when you walk in there. Dont even get me started on the good looking clerk who wear the Daisy Duke shorts and cowboy boots. That may not be ethical for a family place like this.

http://www.homebrewerysupply.com/
rich777 USER_AVATAR
Rich777
Chuck Wagon

Postby Rich777 » Mon May 26, 2008 4:44 pm

Welcome ftf.
a stumpted toe hurts
cabntmkr1 USER_AVATAR
Cabntmkr1
Wrangler

Postby Cabntmkr1 » Sat Jun 21, 2008 12:42 pm

Welcome! :lol:
Cabntmkr1
New Braunfels Black Diamond
Coleman Gasser - Donated to my newest SIL.

Return to “WANTED POSTERS - New Member Introductions”