I suppose this might be appropriate

Where 'ya from? Whadda 'ya cook on? Tell us a little about yourself. Is there a bounty on your head?

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

bowhnter USER_AVATAR
bowhnter
Chuck Wagon

I suppose this might be appropriate

Postby bowhnter » Sat Oct 29, 2022 10:41 am

Since I had both joined this forum and got off any form of social media before many of y’all joined.
I have met Dan and Papa Tom years ago.

I live in NTX, Van Alstyne. I go in spurts of which of the arsenal I use. Lately it been the Weber Kettle.
Just got a sous vide, which I had said for years I would never do, but it sure has a purpose.

I am semi retired now for the last year and a half. I work 3 days a week, and am thankful after 34 years they let me do that.

Since the was one of the first forums I was ever on, I’m glad to see it’s still around, and some of the originals as well.

If you happen to respond, add your name if it isn’t in your signature.

I hope to participate more often then I have.
Mike

Primo Oval XL
Grilla Silverbac
Weber 26”, 22”, and Jumbo Joe
Weber Genesis
Ooni Pro Pizza oven
Blackstone 22 and 36
The Pocono Ring Shop
Cowboy

Re: I suppose this might be appropriate

Postby The Pocono Ring Shop » Sat Oct 29, 2022 11:23 am

bowhnter wrote:Since I had both joined this forum and got off any form of social media before many of y’all joined.
I have met Dan and Papa Tom years ago.

I live in NTX, Van Alstyne. I go in spurts of which of the arsenal I use. Lately it been the Weber Kettle.
Just got a sous vide, which I had said for years I would never do, but it sure has a purpose.

I am semi retired now for the last year and a half. I work 3 days a week, and am thankful after 34 years they let me do that.

Since the was one of the first forums I was ever on, I’m glad to see it’s still around, and some of the originals as well.

If you happen to respond, add your name if it isn’t in your signature.

I hope to participate more often then I have.
Nice to meet you bowhntr.

I used to work for a restaurant supply years ago and most people don't know that a lot of high end restaurants will use Sous Vide in the kitchen for things like Steak and Chicken and finish them off in a broiler because of how consistent they can keep the internals cooked every time and how quickly they can keep the orders coming out.
I myself used to get steak from a restaurant that i started delivering to and when I was in the kitchen one day and supplying the 2 walk ins, I saw the chef pulling a steak out of a Sous Vide.
First time I ever saw that and my first instinct was that he was destroying the steaks.
Then he showed me how it worked and how he finished it off in the broiler.
Others finish them off over gas fired grates.
Once it was finished, it was the Exact steak I always ordered, the inside was medium rare and the outside had that nice crust. I would have never believed that this process would have worked this well if somebody told me about it.

I agree, definitely a place for Sous Vide.

As for the forum, I joined in 2015 and my first good friend was Emm, O.U.P and I will always cherish and remember that. Lots of great members that I look at as friends as well and I'm glad for that opportunity.

Unfortunately, life threw me off course for about 2 years and I was not active on this forum for that time.
I'm blessed that I was welcomed back last month and I'm glad to get " things " sorted out in life..

Had some business changes and hence the reason for the forum name change.

Used to be ( Woodenvisions ) but I took a break from that business to spend the much needed family time that I was missing at home.
Eventually closed the business completely because it was more important that I had family time which was lacking and I knew it. Worked 60 hrs a week driving a truck and another 30 or so trying to keep a jewelry/woodwork business going from home.
After 8 years of that I was completely burnt out.

After 1.5 years, we decided to open the business back up full time and walk away from running the roads.

Tried to re register the business and found that ( Woodenvisions ) was registered in that time period to a cabinet woodworking company.

So now, we came up with this name which we actually like better.

Just wanted to clear up any confusion as to why we have changed names for those that have wondered.

Btw, the name is Troy.

Looking forward to your posts

Sent from my SM-A135U using Tapatalk
bowhnter USER_AVATAR
bowhnter
Chuck Wagon

Postby bowhnter » Sat Oct 29, 2022 1:10 pm

Nice to meet ya Troy.

I did a lot of turning after we moved to this current house in 2013. Made pens, razor handles, shave brushes, pizza cutters, etc.
Then got into RVing and since I can work from anywhere we would be gone for weeks or a couple months at a time. Had so much to do after we got home, I kinda got out of it and need to pick it back up again.
I trying to teach myself some flat work, small stuff, now.
Mike

Primo Oval XL
Grilla Silverbac
Weber Genesis
Ooni Pro Pizza oven
Blackstone 22 and 36
The Pocono Ring Shop
Cowboy

Postby The Pocono Ring Shop » Sat Oct 29, 2022 1:29 pm

bowhnter wrote:Nice to meet ya Troy.

I did a lot of turning after we moved to this current house in 2013. Made pens, razor handles, shave brushes, pizza cutters, etc.
Then got into RVing and since I can work from anywhere we would be gone for weeks or a couple months at a time. Had so much to do after we got home, I kinda got out of it and need to pick it back up again.
I trying to teach myself some flat work, small stuff, now.
Very Kool, it's a great hobby IMHO.
We actually started in 2010 as an online business and til this day we don't even own a lathe.
We make wedding bands, engagement rings, any type of ring really. We specialize in the " Bentwood " process which if you don't know is steam bending very thin strips of wood and wrapping them around themselves, then sanding, shaping and sealing them with 20 layers of Cyanoacrylate. They are super strong.
We now incorporate Argentium Silver, Stainless Steel, Tungsten, Titanium, Black Ceramic, Deer Antler and Carbon Fiber with all types of stone inlays.
All done with a 20 volt Dewalt drill and our hands. Nice to see another woodworker on here.

I've always wanted to get into making pens, just haven't had the time and don't want to get caught up in burning both ends of the wick anymore.

Sent from my SM-A135U using Tapatalk
spacetrucker USER_AVATAR
spacetrucker
Chuck Wagon

Postby spacetrucker » Sun Oct 30, 2022 6:55 pm

I have seen you on here before, Me finally retired, the only problem is working on moving but otherwise will try to be on a little more than I have been in the past!! :D
Don't count every day, Make every day Count
Good Cue to ya..
Vernon

FEC-100
Webber kettle 22"
Webber genesis
Blackstone pizza oven
papa tom USER_AVATAR
Papa Tom
Deputy

Postby Papa Tom » Sun Oct 30, 2022 7:45 pm

Hey welcome back.
I'm not doing much woodwork anymore but I do help a friend some making mostly cabinet type items.
My grandkids have all grown up so I'm not doing as much sausage making either but now if they show any interest they get orivate sessions (better than the one you got).
My eldest grandson had some ribs couple months ago the best he'd had so he wants smoking class now.
His older sister got married Friday I'm pleased but feeling older.

PT
tarde venientibus ossa....
bowhnter USER_AVATAR
bowhnter
Chuck Wagon

Postby bowhnter » Sun Oct 30, 2022 9:26 pm

Good to hear from ya PT (I’m not on FB anymore, just Susan lookin at cooking vids)
I hope everything is ok, sounds like it!
Mike

Primo Oval XL
Grilla Silverbac
Weber Genesis
Ooni Pro Pizza oven
Blackstone 22 and 36
spacetrucker USER_AVATAR
spacetrucker
Chuck Wagon

Postby spacetrucker » Tue Nov 01, 2022 5:49 am

Papa Tom wrote:Hey welcome back.
I'm not doing much woodwork anymore but I do help a friend some making mostly cabinet type items.
My grandkids have all grown up so I'm not doing as much sausage making either but now if they show any interest they get orivate sessions (better than the one you got).
My eldest grandson had some ribs couple months ago the best he'd had so he wants smoking class now.
His older sister got married Friday I'm pleased but feeling older.

PT

Me more or less there with you PT, just got rid of the #22 grinder and all attachments, to my ex boss, he has a large family and they spend a week a year making sausage as a family, he got my enterprise stuffer, my weston stuffer, the webber kettle.... As life's seasons go, and things change we have to reluctantly change with it.. So the wife has Alabama in her sights and the grandbaby we are in the clean out to sell and move mode, I truly am lucky she mandated I keep the pizza oven, webber gasser and the fec-100. Not to hijack your thread bowhunter but let you and the other readers know, as your life changes so do all of ours change...
Don't count every day, Make every day Count
Good Cue to ya..
Vernon

FEC-100
Webber kettle 22"
Webber genesis
Blackstone pizza oven

Return to “WANTED POSTERS - New Member Introductions”