Introducing: Kobold

Where 'ya from? Whadda 'ya cook on? Tell us a little about yourself. Is there a bounty on your head?

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

kobold USER_AVATAR
Kobold
Pilgrim

Introducing: Kobold

Postby Kobold » Wed May 20, 2020 5:44 am

Hi to y'all!
I'm Peter, from the Netherlands and active on several fora under the nick Kobold.
Got into BBQ in 2010 as in smoking meat with the build of my first offset reverse flow smokers made from butane- and propane gastanks.
Between WWII until a few years ago the Dutch tribe was cremating precooked meat on a gasgrill and calling this BBQ :roll: but we are educating them now :chef:
However, The Netherlands is the place where the oldest known remnants of BBQ were found, 7700 years ago auroch ribs were cooked and consumed at the Tjonger river, marrow and all.
The reason I've subscribed to this forum is my latest build of a 500 gal offset smoker trailer, where I'm looking on this forum to find people with the same mindset.
Usually I travel for my work as ammo technician several times a year to Austin and Memphis (and other locations) where I try all the bbq joints I can get to in my time off.
One of my hobby's is KCBS competition, being a proud member of AllSeasoned Dutch BBQ Team.
We've had the delight to compete in 2016 and 2018 at the WFC with a 7th place on the side dish candy bacon and 32th on brisket as best results.
so far, if you've got any questions, shoot!
I had my head checked.. on the left side was nothing right and on the right side there was nothing left..
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Re: Introducing: Kobold

Postby OldUsedParts » Wed May 20, 2020 7:02 am

Howdy and Welcome to the Forum :texas: :tup: :salut:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
papa tom USER_AVATAR
Papa Tom
Deputy

Postby Papa Tom » Wed May 20, 2020 9:28 am

Welcome aboard Kobold.
tarde venientibus ossa....
spacetrucker USER_AVATAR
spacetrucker
Chuck Wagon

Postby spacetrucker » Fri May 22, 2020 7:20 pm