Soldier BBQ

Where 'ya from? Whadda 'ya cook on? Tell us a little about yourself. Is there a bounty on your head?

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

nascarchuck USER_AVATAR
nascarchuck
Retired Lawman

Soldier BBQ

Postby nascarchuck » Fri Mar 07, 2008 10:36 am

ImageImage Welcome to TBBQF !!! Thank you for your service!!! ImageImage
Chuck

http://cookinwithchuck.blogspot.com - Updated 01/10/10

datsbbq USER_AVATAR
DATsBBQ
Deputy

Postby DATsBBQ » Fri Mar 07, 2008 11:07 am

While I was one of these Image, I thank you for your service and doing your part in the war on Islamo-facism :salut: And welcome to the board.

If it won't violate security, post some pics sometime. We like pics!

SGT
USMC

1LT
COARNG IRR
Deputy Dave

“A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer."-Bruce Lee
osd USER_AVATAR
OSD
Retired Lawman

Postby OSD » Fri Mar 07, 2008 11:48 am

Welcome aboard. :D :D
Jim
bowhnter USER_AVATAR
bowhnter
Chuck Wagon

Postby bowhnter » Fri Mar 07, 2008 12:10 pm

Welcome in Soldier BBQ...Like the others have stated, thank you for your service!!
Mike

Primo Oval XL
Grilla Silverbac
Weber 26”, 22”, and Jumbo Joe
Weber Genesis
Ooni Pro Pizza oven
Blackstone 22 and 36
gator USER_AVATAR
Gator
Sheriff

Postby Gator » Fri Mar 07, 2008 3:48 pm

Hi Everyone,

I wanted to make a special introduction to the newest member on the Texas BBQ Forum, SSG Brent Farnsley, 1AD USA, Tikrit, Iraq - AKA Soldier BBQ. Brent and I have exchanged a couple of emails recently, we met through SuckleBusters, and Brent ordered some rubs for the troops. He is proudly serving our country AND serving Texas Style BBQ in Iraq! The men and women in 1AD are in very hostile territory and do not get many breaks in the action. But during a recent break, they held a BBQ and took these pictures below.

You can read more about the 1AD here: http://www.1ad.army.mil/default.asp

Please give a big welcome to the 1AD and let them know we support them, and how!!!!

(Click on the thumbnail picture to enlarge)

From the Texas BBQ Forum and SuckleBusters - we are proud to support you and have you as members on the board. Please stay safe and most of all - ENJOY THAT BBQ!!!!!!!!!!!!

(Note: Brent dosnt get many breaks so he may not be in a situation to answer our post too often).
Gator

"I won't tolerate rude behavior" - Woodrow F Call
papa tom USER_AVATAR
Papa Tom
Deputy

Postby Papa Tom » Fri Mar 07, 2008 3:54 pm

Hey nice to have you join the forum. Bless you guys for what you are doing, we pray for your guidance and safety. Enjoy that Sucklebusters good stuff Dan makes.
tarde venientibus ossa....
tx sandman USER_AVATAR
TX Sandman
Outlaw

Postby TX Sandman » Fri Mar 07, 2008 4:08 pm

Welcome aboard, Brent! Glad to have you around here. Looks liek you're enjoying the SB rubs Gator sent you. I hope he included some Hoochie Mama in the order. (hint hint)

Like the others have said, much better than I can, bless y'all and thanks for your service! Prayers daily for all y'all's safety.
Rob - TX Sandman
Midnight Blue Smokers BBQ Team

"...grilling is fun and tasty, but it isn't brain surgery and the patient won't die if you mess up."
Steven Raichlen
steercrazy USER_AVATAR
SteerCrazy
Retired Lawman

Postby SteerCrazy » Fri Mar 07, 2008 4:08 pm

Welcome aboard, we're glad to have members of the military on the forum! Stay safe and thank you for your service :flag:
P.S.
great lookin grub :wink:
mel USER_AVATAR
mel
Bandolero

Postby mel » Fri Mar 07, 2008 5:55 pm

I can only repeat what the others have said :flag: THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH :flag: stay safe it is because of you we all can BBQ. you are in for quite a treat with the rubs. cook safe post when you can welcome to the forum :D
MELs We have you covered
www.mels-bbq-covers.com
made in the USA

1-800-569-3592
rich777 USER_AVATAR
Rich777
Chuck Wagon

Postby Rich777 » Fri Mar 07, 2008 8:04 pm

Same here! Thank you all so much. Glad to have you aboard. You guys stay safe.
Good lookin eats.
Brent, will keep you and your buds in our hearts and prayers.
a stumpted toe hurts
jamesb USER_AVATAR
JamesB
Retired Lawman

Postby JamesB » Fri Mar 07, 2008 10:14 pm

Brent, Thank you for your service! Prayers to a safe and soon return home!

Gator,

Next time you get an order heading over that way, please let me know and I'll spring for a couple of bottles for them!

James.
honu41
Outlaw

Postby honu41 » Fri Mar 07, 2008 10:31 pm

Aloha and Welcome Brent AKA soldierbbq,

Mahalo nui loa for you sacrifices. God bless you and all you buddies and comrades for a safe tour of duty and a quick return to the States...

malam pono a hui hou,
honu41
copkid USER_AVATAR
copkid
Chuck Wagon

Postby copkid » Sat Mar 08, 2008 12:35 am

Welcome aboard Brent! We hope to hear from you as often as possible, but will understand if we don't. Glad to see you all are eating some real USA barbeque when possible! I'll drink a beer for ya'll if you can't!! :P :lol:
My brother is a Naval Reserve Officer, and my Dad was a Police Officer, who was killed in the LOD in 1998. Thank you and God Bless for your service!
Laura
Laura

In Valor, There is Hope
-Tacitus

Lord, Keep your arm around my shoulders, and your hand over my mouth!
Soldier BBQ
Pilgrim

That's an awesome Texas welcome!

Postby Soldier BBQ » Sat Mar 08, 2008 1:05 pm

Thank ya'll for the big welcome and for your support and prayers. Just knowing that there are so many good people in the States that love and support us makes the days more bearable. Of course a little Texas BBQ doesn't hurt either. Now I'm not originally from Texas but I got there as fast as I could and I now own a home in the hill country in San Antonio. I love this land and that is where I gained a great love for Texas BBQ. I'm telling you I've been everywhere and the place to get great BBQ is Texas.
grillatarian USER_AVATAR
Grillatarian
Rustler

Re: That's an awesome Texas welcome!

Postby Grillatarian » Mon Mar 10, 2008 6:07 am

Soldier BBQ wrote:Thank ya'll for the big welcome and for your support and prayers. Just knowing that there are so many good people in the States that love and support us makes the days more bearable. Of course a little Texas BBQ doesn't hurt either. Now I'm not originally from Texas but I got there as fast as I could and I now own a home in the hill country in San Antonio. I love this land and that is where I gained a great love for Texas BBQ. I'm telling you I've been everywhere and the place to get great BBQ is Texas.

Howdy from just north of Dallas, Brent! My family and I are thankful for you and all the brothers in arms who stand with you on our behalf. We have brothers and nephews that are right there with ya. Our thoughts and prayers are never far away... and we do pray for God's protection and wisdom over each defender of freedom.

I just found this forum myself. There are good folks here too, from all across the U.S., and we really enjoy sharing stories, recipes and the good times we have been blessed with.

Don't care whar ya come from, sounds like your a Texan now! Here's a simple test. Do your feet hurt? Chances are they do.... don't worry, they'll feel fine once your back on Texas soil. I've tried taking my little lady around the country... but every time we cross that Red River her feet start hurtin' and well.... we just end back up in Texas. My wife and I fell in love in that San Antonio hill country, it holds sweet memories. Who knows, one day our wagon might drift that way again.

Looking forward to sharing great photos, stories, recipes...
:D
"I don't always smoke meat, but when I do...I use a drum. Stay hungry my friends!"

Return to “WANTED POSTERS - New Member Introductions”