Noobie here from Noo Yawk

Where 'ya from? Whadda 'ya cook on? Tell us a little about yourself. Is there a bounty on your head?

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

david brace USER_AVATAR
david brace
Wrangler

Noobie here from Noo Yawk

Postby david brace » Wed May 09, 2018 11:37 am

Hello all...

I used to post on another forum for years, but decided to try over here. Been smoking since the '70's, but more seriously from the early 90's. I have had a few offsets in the past, one cheapo and another rather well crafted homemade rig (by someone else). But now I have 3 smaller different ones: 1 offset that I hardly use, and 1 barrel that I use occasionally. I primarily use the 3rd one, my bullet smoker.

Up here in NY (pronounced by the city-people it's Noo Yawk), I have lots of apple and cherry and mulberry wood that I use for smoking. I use charcoal for the fuel.

Thanks for opening the door and letting me in here.
limey USER_AVATAR
limey
Deputy

Re: Noobie here from Noo Yawk

Postby limey » Wed May 09, 2018 1:58 pm

Big Welcome, promise we will take it easy on you David. Lots of good folks on here. I also use apple and cherry wood on some of my cooks.Never seen mulberry though, tough to find down here.
How bout some more beans Mr.Taggert? I'd say you've had enough!
R & O Custom Trailer
Weber 22.5 Gold
Weber 22.5 Smoky Mountain
Oklahoma Joe Longhorn Edition
Limey BBQ Co. Competition Team
bsooner75 USER_AVATAR
bsooner75
High Plains Smoker

Postby bsooner75 » Wed May 09, 2018 2:12 pm

Welcome aboard

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Wed May 09, 2018 2:56 pm

Howdy and Welcome, David, you won't be alone in your Geographical Presence 'cause we've got several great Members from up in your neck-o-the-woods. :tup: :salut:

P.S. is that pronounced "Bra See" :?: :dont:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
txsmkmstr USER_AVATAR
txsmkmstr
Bandolero

Postby txsmkmstr » Wed May 09, 2018 4:22 pm

DAVID.... GOOD TO SEE YOU, MAN!!!!!!!!! Hated the other forum had issues but you'll fit right in here - good place to hang out.

Been smokin' any cheese lately???? Anyway - Glad you found us. Always thought there'd be a few more folks show up.

Smoke On!!! :chef:
Custom LSG 24x40 - 36" Blackstone - (others - R & O FatGirl, ETSC RK-250, Tejas 1628 - all sold)
tx1911 USER_AVATAR
TX1911
Deputy

Postby TX1911 » Wed May 09, 2018 4:59 pm

Welcome!
Custom 24x48 offset trailer pit
Weber Smokefire EX6
Vision B Series kamado
Race Crew Drum
rambo USER_AVATAR
Rambo
Deputy

Postby Rambo » Wed May 09, 2018 9:05 pm

Welcome from East Texas
david brace USER_AVATAR
david brace
Wrangler

Postby david brace » Wed May 09, 2018 11:09 pm

txsmkmstr wrote:DAVID.... GOOD TO SEE YOU, MAN!!!!!!!!! Hated the other forum had issues but you'll fit right in here - good place to hang out.

Been smokin' any cheese lately???? Anyway - Glad you found us. Always thought there'd be a few more folks show up.

Smoke On!!! :chef:

Hey there !!! Well, I took some time off that other forum to keep working, but now I'm almost retired again. Wife Kathy and I drove out to the Grand Canyon and Vegas last October...had a good time. But we drove right into the day AFTER that crazy shooting in Vegas. We kept away from the news online and on TV as we drove west-then all of a sudden her phone lit up with friends and family wanting to know if we were OK. We had no idea what had happened the day before. But we missed the catastrophe, but the place was swarming with police and FBI and newspeople.

We stopped in Nebraska and I FINALLY got to meet "Totally Smoked" and his wife. Great people...we have to go back there one day.

smoking cheese...not too much, but I tried a coupla hunks of havarti for the first time smoking them. Not bad, but I shoulda given them longer smoke. And keeping the heat to a max of 85 was tough.

Good to see you here too.
david brace USER_AVATAR
david brace
Wrangler

Postby david brace » Wed May 09, 2018 11:10 pm

OldUsedParts wrote:Howdy and Welcome, David, you won't be alone in your Geographical Presence 'cause we've got several great Members from up in your neck-o-the-woods. :tup: :salut:

P.S. is that pronounced "Bra See" :?: :dont:

Nope...just Brace, like it looks.
rms827 USER_AVATAR
rms827
Bandolero

Postby rms827 » Thu May 10, 2018 5:17 am

Oh come on, guys. We have to haze him and post the old Pace salsa commercial where the other salsa is made in NYC. :mrgreen: :D :lol:

Yeah, we're a little bit crazy here, but that's what keeps it fun. Welcome aboard. :salut: :D
Rec Tec 680
Weber 22" Premium Kettle Grill in Green

"Nobody Beats Me in the Kitchen" - Casey Ryback (Steven Seagal - Under Siege 2)
Life's Too Short for Bad BBQ.
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Thu May 10, 2018 6:51 am

david brace wrote:P.S. is that pronounced "Bra See" :?: :dont:

Nope...just Brace, like it looks.[/quote]

Reason for asking was back in the 70s I gigged with a singer/songwriter in Denver whose last name was Brace and he pronounced it the 'Talian Way - - - not sure but I think his first name was Tony :dont:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
txsmkmstr USER_AVATAR
txsmkmstr
Bandolero

Postby txsmkmstr » Thu May 10, 2018 9:14 am

david brace wrote:
We stopped in Nebraska and I FINALLY got to meet "Totally Smoked" and his wife. Great people...we have to go back there one day.

That's great. Thought I had "SmokeDaddy" and "Smoke and Beans" converted but I think they just lurk from time to time. :dont:
Custom LSG 24x40 - 36" Blackstone - (others - R & O FatGirl, ETSC RK-250, Tejas 1628 - all sold)
allenayres USER_AVATAR
allenayres
Rustler

Postby allenayres » Thu May 10, 2018 6:08 pm

Welcome! :)
canadian smoker USER_AVATAR
Canadian Smoker
Rustler

Postby Canadian Smoker » Tue May 15, 2018 5:04 pm

Welcome to the TBF.
Tools:
Horizon Marshal 20" RD Special Offset
22" Weber Master Touch (limited edition smoke color)
Large BGE
Napoleon Gasser

"There is more stupidity than hydrogen in the universe,and it has a longer shelf life."
Frank Zappa"
sailor kenshin USER_AVATAR
Sailor Kenshin
Chuck Wagon

Postby Sailor Kenshin » Sat May 19, 2018 3:16 pm

david brace wrote:Hello all...

I used to post on another forum for years, but decided to try over here. Been smoking since the '70's, but more seriously from the early 90's. I have had a few offsets in the past, one cheapo and another rather well crafted homemade rig (by someone else). But now I have 3 smaller different ones: 1 offset that I hardly use, and 1 barrel that I use occasionally. I primarily use the 3rd one, my bullet smoker.

Up here in NY (pronounced by the city-people it's Noo Yawk), I have lots of apple and cherry and mulberry wood that I use for smoking. I use charcoal for the fuel.

Thanks for opening the door and letting me in here.

I remember you! Welcome aboard. 8)
Moink!

Return to “WANTED POSTERS - New Member Introductions”