Howdy from the Island!

Where 'ya from? Whadda 'ya cook on? Tell us a little about yourself. Is there a bounty on your head?

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

the_baldguy
Pilgrim

Howdy from the Island!

Postby the_baldguy » Mon Jul 10, 2017 3:14 pm

My name is Michael Caballero. I am affectionately known as "The Baldguy" or "Cabby". I am a retired Staff Sergeant of 23 years of the US Army. I am currently the Post Commander for the 6th oldest VFW Post in the state of Texas, VFW Post 880. I am new to the site, and I am hoping to gauge interest in a possible BBQ Cook-Off at my VFW Post on October 14, 2017. This will be the first time my Post has ever done anything like this, so any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

There will be a small entry fee of $50, so as not to scare away any local cooks/teams. If the Event is a success, I may look into increasing the entry fee and number of teams/cooks participating. Right now, due to space constraints, I can only take on a max of 10 teams/cooks at my post. Since it will be a small number of participants, prize money will only be given to the 1st and 2nd place cooks/teams.

If anyone is interested, please contact me on here. Like I stated before, any and all suggestions will be greatly appreciated since this is a first for me and my post.

Thank you and have a fantastic day! :texas:

Michael S. Caballero
SSG, USA (Ret)
Commander
VFW Post 880
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Re: Howdy from the Island!

Postby OldUsedParts » Mon Jul 10, 2017 3:22 pm

Howdy and Welcome, Sarg, and thanks for your Service :salut: Could you post up what City/Town/Area this cooks is happening at :tup:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
tx1911 USER_AVATAR
TX1911
Deputy

Postby TX1911 » Mon Jul 10, 2017 4:05 pm

Welcome to the forum!

I believe it's happening in Galveston. That's where 880 is.
Custom 24x48 offset trailer pit
Weber Smokefire EX6
Vision B Series kamado
Race Crew Drum
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Mon Jul 10, 2017 4:09 pm

That was my first thought but I was too lazy to Google :D
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"

Return to “WANTED POSTERS - New Member Introductions”