Hello from Brenham

Where 'ya from? Whadda 'ya cook on? Tell us a little about yourself. Is there a bounty on your head?

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

astrohip USER_AVATAR
astrohip
Wrangler

Hello from Brenham

Postby astrohip » Fri May 19, 2017 4:09 pm

New member, just wanted to say hello. I live outside of Brenham, close to Independence. I've been smoking for years, mainly on a WSM (bullet smoker). Decided to get an Old Country Pecos, and in doing some googling on reviews & mods, I found this forum.

Looking forward to my new smoker, and sharing tips & advice!

Stuart
AKA astrohip
Camp Chef SG Woodwind w/Sear Kit
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Re: Hello from Brenham

Postby OldUsedParts » Fri May 19, 2017 5:23 pm

Welcome, Stuart, from out there in :texas: Texas Wildflower Country - - - make yourself at home and be sure and post up your cooks and pics and etc :tup: :salut:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
astrohip USER_AVATAR
astrohip
Wrangler

Postby astrohip » Fri May 19, 2017 5:39 pm

Thanks, looks like you're just down 105 from me. Here's a couple pics: my latest rib cook and some bluebonnets, both from about 4-6 weeks ago. This was a crazy good wildflower season.
Attachments
20170330_081854.jpg
20170218_184128.jpg
bbqrubs USER_AVATAR
bbqrubs
Pilgrim

Postby bbqrubs » Fri May 19, 2017 5:50 pm

Hi Stuart, How's it going? Greetings from South Florida & Miami. My name is Sol and I'm the proprietor of BBQRubs.com (this portion of the post was edited by Txdragon because it didnt play by the forum rules) This weekend I'm going to be cooking a nice NY Strip steak Hot and Fast and using Oakridge BBQ Carne Crosta. It's got Brazilian coffee in it and makes a great crust. You should check it out.

Take it easy!

Sol
Sol - Proprietor of BBQRubs.com
https://www.bbqrubs.com
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Fri May 19, 2017 5:58 pm

astrohip wrote:Thanks, looks like you're just down 105 from me. Here's a couple pics: my latest rib cook and some bluebonnets, both from about 4-6 weeks ago. This was a crazy good wildflower season.

Gorgeous one and ALL - thanks for sharing - - - looks like your running mate likes to smell those Bluebonnets also :tup: We used to do weekend road trips over in your area Baylor Park, Burton Hay Festival, Washington on the Brazos and just cruisin and enjoying the Country. Used to be a Grocery Store over by the entrance to WOTB that had the best Summer Sausage and Chez I've ever eaten. :texas:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Fri May 19, 2017 5:58 pm

OldUsedParts wrote:
astrohip wrote:Thanks, looks like you're just down 105 from me. Here's a couple pics: my latest rib cook and some bluebonnets, both from about 4-6 weeks ago. This was a crazy good wildflower season.

Gorgeous one and ALL - thanks for sharing - - - looks like your running mate likes to smell those Bluebonnets also :tup: We used to do weekend road trips over in your area Sommerville, Baylor Park, Burton Hay Festival, Washington on the Brazos and sometimes just cruisin and enjoying the Country. Used to be a Grocery Store over by the entrance to WOTB that had the best Summer Sausage and Chez I've ever eaten. :texas:
astrohip USER_AVATAR
astrohip
Wrangler

Postby astrohip » Fri May 19, 2017 7:00 pm

OldUsedParts wrote:Gorgeous one and ALL - thanks for sharing - - - looks like your running mate likes to smell those Bluebonnets also :tup: We used to do weekend road trips over in your area Baylor Park, Burton Hay Festival, Washington on the Brazos and just cruisin and enjoying the Country. Used to be a Grocery Store over by the entrance to WOTB that had the best Summer Sausage and Chez I've ever eaten. :texas:

Baylor Park is about five minutes from here. Pretty area.

I *remember* that store! If it's the same one, they had great burgers too. Hot off the grill, still dripping grease.
kiwiruss USER_AVATAR
Kiwiruss
Bandolero

Postby Kiwiruss » Fri May 19, 2017 7:06 pm

Welcome here, pics tell me you know what you are doing. Look forward to more.

Russ
Be different.......we love different. :happ:
tx1911 USER_AVATAR
TX1911
Deputy

Postby TX1911 » Fri May 19, 2017 8:17 pm

Welcome!
Custom 24x48 offset trailer pit
Weber Smokefire EX6
Vision B Series kamado
Race Crew Drum
bsooner75 USER_AVATAR
bsooner75
High Plains Smoker

Postby bsooner75 » Fri May 19, 2017 8:50 pm

Welcome. Awesome photos

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Sat May 20, 2017 6:59 am

astrohip wrote:I *remember* that store! If it's the same one, they had great burgers too. Hot off the grill, still dripping grease.

Yup dat be duh one :tup: :salut:
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Sat May 20, 2017 8:12 am

Yo, Stuart, I don't know if you were aware or not but this great Forum of which a lot of us are addicted to is Owned, Operated and Sponsored by Suckle Buster's Seasonings, Spices and Such.

https://www.sucklebusters.com/

There is a handy dandy link in the upper right corner of this page that, by the wonders of CyberSpace, will instantly take you to their site where you can browse through their many great BBQ items. Their service and friendliness is unparalleled AND "it's made in Texas" :texas: .
astrohip USER_AVATAR
astrohip
Wrangler

Postby astrohip » Sat May 20, 2017 8:30 am

OldUsedParts wrote:Yo, Stuart, I don't know if you were aware or not but this great Forum of which a lot of us are addicted to is Owned, Operated and Sponsored by Suckle Buster's Seasonings, Spices and Such.

There is a handy dandy link in the upper right corner of this page that, by the wonders of CyberSpace, will instantly take you to their site where you can browse through their many great BBQ items. Their service and friendliness is unparalleled AND "it's made in Texas" :texas: .

Just did a quick visit. Thanks for the link.

I've always made my own rub, but normally use a commercial sauce if I'm going to use one at all. Stubbs is my favorite. Is Suckle in any stores (HEB?), or mail order only?
txdragon USER_AVATAR
Txdragon
Deputy

Postby Txdragon » Sat May 20, 2017 8:34 am

OldUsedParts wrote:Yo, Stuart, I don't know if you were aware or not but this great Forum of which a lot of us are addicted to is Owned, Operated and Sponsored by Suckle Buster's Seasonings, Spices and Such.

I've made my mark here. 8)
(Insert witty signature here)
astrohip USER_AVATAR
astrohip
Wrangler

Postby astrohip » Sat May 20, 2017 8:35 am

Never mind, I found a link. It looks like it's in a few retail outlets, including one along 290 (Harris County Smokehouse?), and a couple others in Houston (iBurn?).

No big grocery stores.

Thanks!

Return to “WANTED POSTERS - New Member Introductions”