hello

Where 'ya from? Whadda 'ya cook on? Tell us a little about yourself. Is there a bounty on your head?

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

smokeybrisket
Pilgrim

hello

Postby smokeybrisket » Sat Oct 22, 2016 8:48 pm

Hello all, new here I have been into bbq for the last couple years I started off with a masterfordge bullet smoker. I have moved up to a outdoor gourmet smoker grill combo.
20161022_120147.jpg
after years worth of use I know why it was only $299 Hard to keep temps, it's rusted out and burned out. I'm a tig welder by trade and finally decided to build my own I'm here to share my build and get ideas along the way.
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Re: hello

Postby OldUsedParts » Sun Oct 23, 2016 8:21 am

First of all Howdy and Welcome - - - there are lots of great builders and helpful members here so make yourself at home and "ask away" :tup: :salut: :texas:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
chilefarmer USER_AVATAR
ChileFarmer
Forum Star

Postby ChileFarmer » Sun Oct 23, 2016 2:40 pm

Welcome to the forum. Fine folks ready to help. CF :D
OK, get over it, you lost. God bless America

http://s235.photobucket.com/albums/ee175/ChileFarmer" target="_blank
Lots of Sub folders to.

http://curingandsmoking.blogspot.com/" target="_blank
txdragon USER_AVATAR
Txdragon
Deputy

Postby Txdragon » Sun Oct 23, 2016 4:48 pm

Welcome! Always happy to help where we can. Please feel free to post often, with pics! On a side note; rust is HIGHLY preventable. Temps are easy to keep- the "work" lies in how much babysitting you have to do to keep those temps; and no matter the cost of your rig, if the person using it doesn't know how to handle it, it's a worthless heap of hot metal. :cheers:
(Insert witty signature here)
smokeybrisket
Pilgrim

Postby smokeybrisket » Sun Oct 23, 2016 7:55 pm

To keep temps right in this thing I have to baby sit every 15-20 min it's thin single wall probably 18-20 ga non insulated I get 400 degree spikes in a 10 min span it is so leaky that I can't keep anything right although I have made some fantastic bbq in this thing it's just a full days work and I don't mind baby sitting I just wish I could walk away for a hour and know it will be fine. Rust completely preventable no argument there. My cheep little master forge bullet I could keep temps right at 225-250 just wasnt big enough for me.

Return to “WANTED POSTERS - New Member Introductions”