Sitting and smoking my Brisket and found you

Where 'ya from? Whadda 'ya cook on? Tell us a little about yourself. Is there a bounty on your head?

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

jrw711
Pilgrim

Sitting and smoking my Brisket and found you

Postby jrw711 » Sat Oct 08, 2016 12:46 pm

Hi everyone....recently purchased a Traeger and found this site while smoking my Brisket since 8 a.m. In Boise, Idaho.
Internal temp at point is currently 154 degrees. Looking forward to slowly increase to 190 or so. Looking good so far.
JW
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Sat Oct 08, 2016 2:44 pm

Howdy, jrw :salut: :texas: - - - - good to have you aboard. We really like pics and recipes so please post anything you can, especially that Brisket when it gets through "BARKING" - - - I too am a Pellet Puppy/Beginner and these members have helped me so much with it and any other BBQ/Smoking questions I've had so make yourself at home and Welcome :tup:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
JustinCouch
Outlaw

Re: Sitting and smoking my Brisket and found you

Postby JustinCouch » Sat Oct 08, 2016 3:19 pm

What's up jrw. I'm glad to have you on the forum. Please post a picture when the brisket is done.
jrw711
Pilgrim

Re: Sitting and smoking my Brisket and found you

Postby jrw711 » Sun Oct 09, 2016 7:49 pm

The Brisket was tasty, but next time it will need to be cooked at 225 degrees for longer time or cook half of full Brisket. It was not as tender as it should have been.
Attachments
IMG_1075.JPG

Return to “WANTED POSTERS - New Member Introductions”