Hello, Newbie from Chicago

Where 'ya from? Whadda 'ya cook on? Tell us a little about yourself. Is there a bounty on your head?

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

IndDesignStudent
Pilgrim

Hello, Newbie from Chicago

Postby IndDesignStudent » Tue Sep 06, 2016 3:23 pm

I'm a senior industrial design student (industrial design can be considered the umbrella term for product design). This semester I am working on a tool to make cleaning the grill easier. Research is really essential to my process as I hope to create a tool that actually responds to the problems seen. I will post a few general questions within the general discussion board and any responses or suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
chilefarmer USER_AVATAR
ChileFarmer
Forum Star

Re: Hello, Newbie from Chicago

Postby ChileFarmer » Tue Sep 06, 2016 8:05 pm

Welcome and am looking forward to your post. CF :D
OK, get over it, you lost. God bless America

http://s235.photobucket.com/albums/ee175/ChileFarmer" target="_blank
Lots of Sub folders to.

http://curingandsmoking.blogspot.com/" target="_blank
txdragon USER_AVATAR
Txdragon
Deputy

Postby Txdragon » Wed Sep 07, 2016 9:08 am

Welcome! Cleaning a grill is BBQ 101 and the easiest thing in the whole BBQ game to do. A properly seasoned grill can be cleaned with a standard bbq brush easily. If it's absolutely necessary, a burn out and re-season can be accomplished. I usually do that with all my pits on a semi-annual basis anyways. Grill cleaning isn't exactly rocket science and those that have problems cleaning it up are nothing more than inexperienced, not ill-equipped. Not trying to come off brash, but I'd question your grill experience. I can come up with a completely different issue shared among all bbq grills and smokers, regardless of design or brand. I'm sure others would have even more.
I'm interested though to find out how the reinvention of the wheel here turns out. Good luck with the project, you'll certainly find some balanced feedback here.
(Insert witty signature here)
IndDesignStudent
Pilgrim

Postby IndDesignStudent » Tue Sep 13, 2016 1:03 pm

Txdragon wrote:Welcome! Cleaning a grill is BBQ 101 and the easiest thing in the whole BBQ game to do. A properly seasoned grill can be cleaned with a standard bbq brush easily. If it's absolutely necessary, a burn out and re-season can be accomplished. I usually do that with all my pits on a semi-annual basis anyways. Grill cleaning isn't exactly rocket science and those that have problems cleaning it up are nothing more than inexperienced, not ill-equipped. Not trying to come off brash, but I'd question your grill experience. I can come up with a completely different issue shared among all bbq grills and smokers, regardless of design or brand. I'm sure others would have even more.
I'm interested though to find out how the reinvention of the wheel here turns out. Good luck with the project, you'll certainly find some balanced feedback here.

Sorry, somehow I didn't see your reply. Thanks for the welcome. It's true the more experienced have probably mastered their cleaning routines by now, but those who don't use their grill as regularly or are just not as interested in the grilling process still consider it a pain and spend more or less energy on the process than required, my goal is just to make it a bit easier. Because this forum has members of such varying skill there are plenty of techniques I never considered. I would be happy to hear any shared issues you may know of.

Return to “WANTED POSTERS - New Member Introductions”