Don’t Mess With Old People...

Put your funniest internet jokes + anything that pokes fun at Bubbas.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

boots USER_AVATAR
Boots
Wordsmith

Don’t Mess With Old People...

Postby Boots » Sun Nov 29, 2020 2:08 pm

Saw this story on LinkedIn; Whether true or not, it says much about how younger folks should learn the manners we were taught as standard as kids...

“This old lady handed her bank card to the teller and said “I would like to withdraw $10”. The teller told her “for withdrawals less than $100, please use the ATM.

The old lady wanted to know why... The teller returned her bank card and irritably told her “these are the rules, please leave if there is no further matter. There is a line of customers behind you”.

The old lady remained silent for a few seconds and handed her card back to the teller and said “please help me withdraw all the money I have.” The teller was astonished when she checked the account balance. She nodded her head, leaned down and respectfully told her “you have $1,300,000 in your account but the bank doesn’t have that much cash currently. Could you make an appointment and come back again tomorrow?

The old lady then asked how much she could withdraw immediately. The teller told her any amount up to $3000. “Well please let me have $3000 now.” The teller kindly handed $3000 very friendly and with a smile to her.

The old lady put $10 in her purse and asked the teller to deposit $2,990 back into her account.

The moral of this story is....
Don’t be difficult with old people, they spent a lifetime learning the skill.”
Attachments
3239F792-D10B-404F-B14C-4581B8522C66.jpeg
3239F792-D10B-404F-B14C-4581B8522C66.jpeg (120.56 KiB) Viewed 2749 times
BE WELL, BUT NOT DONE
Hank: "Do you know how to jumpstart a man's heart with a downed power line?"
Bobby: "No."
Hank: "Well, there's really no wrong way to do it."
GTR
Bandolero

Re: Don’t Mess With Old People...

Postby GTR » Sun Nov 29, 2020 2:37 pm

Reads like a “customer service training” story. Our driver safety training would sometimes include the “kid in the box in the middle of the road” story.
Heard that line of crap from 3 managers and a costumer over the years. :deadhorse:
"The days I keep my expectations low and my gratitude high, I have really good days."
Ray Wylie Hubbard
grailsback USER_AVATAR
GRailsback
Chuck Wagon

Postby GRailsback » Sun Nov 29, 2020 4:40 pm

Great story Boots.

GTR, what's the kid in the box story?
russ USER_AVATAR
Russ
Chuck Wagon

Postby Russ » Sun Nov 29, 2020 5:20 pm

True story with my business 20 years ago, this guy was anal about Id at my bank, he'll I banked there every day, but still kept asking for id. I had enough one day and went back to work and got a cheque and I made it out for $1000 then went to this same guy, and asked him for it in $5 notes, man he went into a panic, finally he got it together, I left and went back the next day and waited for him to,serve me, and re banked it. He never asked for id again.
They laid the guy off a few months later.

Russ
4 burner q
Honky hangi
Home smoker.

It costs nothing to be nice. A smile goes a long way.
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Sun Nov 29, 2020 7:28 pm

roflmao2.gif
roflmao2.gif (46.58 KiB) Viewed 2725 times
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
egghead USER_AVATAR
egghead
Egg Master

Postby egghead » Sun Nov 29, 2020 11:35 pm

Smart lady - love the story.

Here is a true story

A friend of mine from Scotland was working as a teller one summer in Aberdeen during his college days.

A lady from Dundee came in to cash a check and didn’t sign it with her name as it is on her check. Signed Elizabeth McDonald instead of Elizabeth Ann McDonald.

My friend advised that she needed to endorse the check just as it was written on the check. She said she always signed it that way with no problem. Meanwhile the line is getting longer behind her as they went back and forth.

She finally blurted out “I didn’t come all the way from Dundee to be harassed and embarrassed.”

My friend replied, loud enough that anyone within 20’ could hear, “Well, where do you normally go”.

He ended up with the lady from Dundee in the managers office. She left after being assured that she would never see my friend again if she visited again. My friend had a week to go before going back to school and the manager was retiring in a couple weeks. They agreed he needed to be more diplomatic during the next week.

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Suppose you were an idiot, and suppose you were a member of congress; but I repeat myself - Mark Twain
XL, Small, and Mini BGE
boots USER_AVATAR
Boots
Wordsmith

Postby Boots » Mon Nov 30, 2020 1:03 am

LOL.

Reminds of a story attributed to British Lord Beaverbrook, a newspaper magnate, regarding an interview w a visiting American actress (I’ve cleaned it up a bit):

Beaverbrook: “Would you have an affair for 100,000 pounds (close to $9 million US today)”

Actress: “Sure!”

Beaverbrook: “How about for 25 pounds?”

Actress: “No, what kind of girl do you think I am?!”

Beaverbrook: “well, we’ve already established that, now we”re just haggling over the price.”
:laughing7:
Beaverbrook would later go on to head English war production just prior to WWII, increasing the production of Spitfires and Hurricanes so much it outpaced English aircraft losses and helped turn the tide against the Luftwaffe in the Battle of Britain. So the man gets kudos for helping save the world in addition to being a first class wit.
BE WELL, BUT NOT DONE
Hank: "Do you know how to jumpstart a man's heart with a downed power line?"
Bobby: "No."
Hank: "Well, there's really no wrong way to do it."
russ USER_AVATAR
Russ
Chuck Wagon

Postby Russ » Mon Nov 30, 2020 5:17 pm

Boots wrote:LOL.

Reminds of a story attributed to British Lord Beaverbrook, a newspaper magnate, regarding an interview w a visiting American actress (I’ve cleaned it up a bit):

Beaverbrook: “Would you have an affair for 100,000 pounds (close to $9 million US today)”

Actress: “Sure!”

Beaverbrook: “How about for 25 pounds?”

Actress: “No, what kind of girl do you think I am?!”

Beaverbrook: “well, we’ve already established that, now we”re just haggling over the price.”
:laughing7:
Beaverbrook would later go on to head English war production just prior to WWII, increasing the production of Spitfires and Hurricanes so much it outpaced English aircraft losses and helped turn the tide against the Luftwaffe in the Battle of Britain. So the man gets kudos for helping save the world in addition to being a first class wit.

Almost the same down under as well. Lol.

Russ
4 burner q
Honky hangi
Home smoker.

It costs nothing to be nice. A smile goes a long way.
egghead USER_AVATAR
egghead
Egg Master

Postby egghead » Mon Nov 30, 2020 8:37 pm

Lady Astor and Churchill traded some famous insults.

Churchill is supposed to have told Lady Astor that having a woman in Parliament was like having one intrude on him in the bathroom, to which she retorted, “You’re not handsome enough to have such fears.” Lady Astor is also said to have responded to a question from Churchill about what disguise he should wear to a masquerade ball by saying, “Why don’t you come sober, Prime Minister?” In another recounted exchange, Lady Astor said to Churchill, “If you were my husband, I’d poison your tea,” to which he responded, “Madam, if you were my wife, I’d drink it!”
Suppose you were an idiot, and suppose you were a member of congress; but I repeat myself - Mark Twain
XL, Small, and Mini BGE
grailsback USER_AVATAR
GRailsback
Chuck Wagon

Postby GRailsback » Mon Nov 30, 2020 9:15 pm

Now that’s funny.

Return to “Those Funny Cowboys”