A Toast to You

Put your funniest internet jokes + anything that pokes fun at Bubbas.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

A Toast to You

Postby OldUsedParts » Tue Jan 09, 2018 7:37 am

Mudbug Season is right around the corner so I wanted to share a "Toast thing" that my baby Sis sent me on New Years Day. Even tho she knows I was born in the Panhandle of Texas, :texas: she also knows that I have "extended roots" East of the Sabine. :chef: :salut:

CajunToast.jpg
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
bsooner75 USER_AVATAR
bsooner75
High Plains Smoker

Re: A Toast to You

Postby bsooner75 » Tue Jan 09, 2018 9:53 am

Mmmmmmm mudbugs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:33 am

I can't wait, I think that my Bro from S.C. is coming over one more time during the Season and I told him that I would buy an entire bag and we would do "one last Mudbug Boil" - - - hopefully it will equal the one's we did back when he was a Houstonian. :wav:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
bsooner75 USER_AVATAR
bsooner75
High Plains Smoker

Postby bsooner75 » Tue Jan 09, 2018 12:27 pm

Ive wanted to do a boil for several years. Just haven’t ever put it all together.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Tue Jan 09, 2018 5:42 pm

easy to do - - only hard part is the purging and preparation - - back when we did out last one my hands were a lot tougher than they are now so I'll probably use rubber gloves this time instead of grabbing one up barehanded to check and wash with others hanging on to my hands :shock: :roll: :whiteflag:
russ USER_AVATAR
Russ
Chuck Wagon

Postby Russ » Tue Jan 09, 2018 5:58 pm

I eat these when I go to Australia, I love them, I know different to your ones but still bugs.

https://g.co/kgs/GCg4u7

Russ
4 burner q
Honky hangi
Home smoker.

It costs nothing to be nice. A smile goes a long way.
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Tue Jan 09, 2018 6:05 pm

I'd be all over those too, Pard, love me some Crew-stay- she'uns of all kinds :tup: :salut:
woodenvisions USER_AVATAR
woodenvisions
Chuck Wagon

Postby woodenvisions » Tue Jan 09, 2018 8:12 pm

We do 30 lbs at a time in a MONSTER pot my bro bought, dump an Entire Large container of Old Bay in for the seasoning.
Get about a dozen lemons and squeeze the juices all in the pot when we serve em.

Good stuff
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Tue Jan 09, 2018 8:42 pm

I have some Cajun Pals in Baton Rouge that sent me a Recipe but I can't find it, however, I'm thinking that we used SYMama, Cayenne, Lemons and Own-Yawns for a 40 pound bag - - - :scratch:
Fishbum
Pilgrim

Postby Fishbum » Tue Jan 09, 2018 9:07 pm

Toss some cauliflower and mushrooms up in the mix with the corn and taters in the boil talk about good. Also some peeled hard boiled eggs in the boil juice when everything is finished so they soak up them spices good eats right there.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Tue Jan 09, 2018 9:16 pm

10-4 on the corn, taters and eggs but only after I PIG OUT on tails and head fat :chef:
russ USER_AVATAR
Russ
Chuck Wagon

Postby Russ » Tue Jan 09, 2018 9:18 pm

You guys got me hankering for bugs, I would love to try the way you guys do,them in the drum, I've seen it on cooking shows from merica. One day , it's on my bucket list.

Russ
4 burner q
Honky hangi
Home smoker.

It costs nothing to be nice. A smile goes a long way.
outlaw USER_AVATAR
outlaw
Outlaw

Postby outlaw » Wed Jan 10, 2018 7:44 am

When I lived in Lufkin there was a guy who came and set up on a grocery parking lot and had this monster rotisserie machine he pulled behind his truck. It had about 10 racks that were on a very slow rotation. You order how many lbs you wanted and he would throw it in the upcoming rack. Once it had make a revolution up to the top they were done. Coolest thing ever. He also had another pot going with veggies as well.
Bayou Classic Ceramic
PK (Portable Kitchen) Grill
Johnsons Ultimate Compact Patio Smoker
Yoder YS640 Pellet Grill
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Wed Jan 10, 2018 8:13 am

some of those Ol Boys have developed them to a exact Science of Cooking - - - when my Bro/Friend comes to visit, I hope to also pick up some fresh crabs and shrimps and, if I can find some, then we'll do them Tony Chachere Style called "Boilded Crabs in a Chest" - - - we did some this way and they were the most flavorful I have ever eaten - - - check it out :tup:
IMG_0044.JPG
outlaw USER_AVATAR
outlaw
Outlaw

Postby outlaw » Wed Jan 10, 2018 8:50 am

Looks great, but DFW isn't exactly a place for live seafood. I had a friend who worked the shrimp boats and I would make a trip down every few years. Great shrimp, and he always has snapper and other things he caught in the nets that he wasn't allowed to sell. I would stock the freezers for sure.
Bayou Classic Ceramic
PK (Portable Kitchen) Grill
Johnsons Ultimate Compact Patio Smoker
Yoder YS640 Pellet Grill

Return to “Those Funny Cowboys”