Country Priorities !

Put your funniest internet jokes + anything that pokes fun at Bubbas.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Country Priorities !

Postby OldUsedParts » Fri May 05, 2017 12:06 pm

I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
kiwiruss USER_AVATAR
Kiwiruss
Bandolero

Re: Country Priorities !

Postby Kiwiruss » Fri May 05, 2017 5:23 pm

Not available to me, might have something to do with my ankle bracelet,lol.

Russ
Be different.......we love different. :happ:
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Fri May 05, 2017 6:50 pm

Only for you, Pard, but here goes:
It is a joke about a kid with a fishing pole, fishing in the hole of an outdoor privy (aka outhouse) and when they asked him what he was doing, he replied that he had dropped his coat in the hole and was trying to fish it out - - - then they said "You're not planning on wearing that coat are you?" and he replies "Heck no, but there's a Biscuit in the pocket !"
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
kiwiruss USER_AVATAR
Kiwiruss
Bandolero

Postby Kiwiruss » Fri May 05, 2017 7:38 pm

OldUsedParts wrote:Only for you, Pard, but here goes:
It is a joke about a kid with a fishing pole, fishing in the hole of an outdoor privy (aka outhouse) and when they asked him what he was doing, he replied that he had dropped his coat in the hole and was trying to fish it out - - - then they said "You're not planning on wearing that coat are you?" and he replies "Heck no, but there's a Biscuit in the pocket !"

Lol, my nana used to have an outhouse with the guy that used to come once a week to empty it, I remember it was there until they had an inside toilet fitted.i guess it was 50 years ago???

Russ
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Sat May 06, 2017 7:52 am

back when I was very young my Folks rented a small farm house in the Panhandle that Mom lovingly called 4 rooms and a "Path" - - - we also had weekly visits from the Block Ice Man to put ice in the "ICE BOX" (not refrigerator) - - - - Dad also hooked up an old automotive generator with a prop that was mounted outside so the wind would spin it and charge the 6 volt battery that they used to run the Radio "only" at night when the family gathered around - - - I still remember the smell of those kerosene lamps and the feel of several quilts laying on top of me as I slept. :tup:
kiwiruss USER_AVATAR
Kiwiruss
Bandolero

Postby Kiwiruss » Sat May 06, 2017 6:33 pm

OldUsedParts wrote:back when I was very young my Folks rented a small farm house in the Panhandle that Mom lovingly called 4 rooms and a "Path" - - - we also had weekly visits from the Block Ice Man to put ice in the "ICE BOX" (not refrigerator) - - - - Dad also hooked up an old automotive generator with a prop that was mounted outside so the wind would spin it and charge the 6 volt battery that they used to run the Radio "only" at night when the family gathered around - - - I still remember the smell of those kerosene lamps and the feel of several quilts laying on top of me as I slept. :tup:

Great memories, kids nowadays,huh,lol

Russ
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Sat May 06, 2017 6:38 pm

don't have a clue :dont:
kiwiruss USER_AVATAR
Kiwiruss
Bandolero

Postby Kiwiruss » Sat May 06, 2017 6:50 pm

We were quite poor as kids, mum raised 3 boys after our father left home when I was 3, never to be seen again. I still remember our first fridge over 50 years ago, and mum doing the washing in an old copper fired sink. Also remember our first washing machine , mum was so amazed at how quick it worked,with the wringer above it. I remember the old ribbed wash board etc. showing my age I guess. My grand kids have no idea things were 50 years ago.

Russ
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Sat May 06, 2017 7:31 pm

of course I have more than a decade on you but I honestly think that we were DARNED LUCKY to have grown up when we did and the way we did but I'm kinda partial also :laughing7:

Return to “Those Funny Cowboys”