Marvin's Rat and Roach Report

Put your funniest internet jokes + anything that pokes fun at Bubbas.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Marvin's Rat and Roach Report

Postby OldUsedParts » Thu Jan 28, 2016 4:08 pm

Back in the 80s and 90s Marvin Zindler was a reporter on ABC's Action 13 KTRK and would give his Restaurant Report on the Evening News. He was such a flamboyant character and people watched him just to see what he would do next. Although my College buddies and I never forgave him for closing down the "Chicken Ranch" someone else would have probably done it eventually anyhow.

When I saw Riseabove's Food Training post, it also reminded me of this song that I thought I'd share with Y'all.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wUqlbjxznZA
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
boots USER_AVATAR
Boots
Wordsmith

Re: Marvin's Rat and Roach Report

Postby Boots » Thu Jan 28, 2016 4:55 pm

I remember him well, obnoxious and entertaining at the same time. Wore these white suits, loud ties, and purple sunglasses on Channel 2, the NBC in Houston. Every week he'd skewer (pardon the pun) two or three restaurants in Houston, noting the EXACT number each of rats, mice, roaches, and/or other varmints found on the premises, and how many times the restaurant had been shut down before. Seemed to take particular delight in the really dirty ones (and frankly, it was amazing how many of them turned out to be like all you can eat Asian buffet places, 24 hours pancake and waffle places, and truck stop diners).

I particularly loved his signoff schtick, delivered at about 75 decibels - "Marvin Zindler, EYYYYYYYYYEWITNESS NEWS!!!"
BE WELL, BUT NOT DONE
Hank: "Do you know how to jumpstart a man's heart with a downed power line?"
Bobby: "No."
Hank: "Well, there's really no wrong way to do it."
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Thu Jan 28, 2016 6:20 pm

Did you see him leading his 'ol HS band as their Former baton twirling drum major in the Fat Stock Show Parade that year :?: :laughing7: :D :lol:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
rwhinton
Pilgrim

Postby rwhinton » Thu Jan 28, 2016 6:26 pm

Don't forget "Sliiiiiiiiiiime in the ice machine!"

Return to “Those Funny Cowboys”