Cowboy Humor

Put your funniest internet jokes + anything that pokes fun at Bubbas.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Cowboy Humor

Postby OldUsedParts » Fri Dec 11, 2015 2:33 pm

While watching Gunsmoke today, I saw "Slim" Pickens one of my all time favorite Cowboy Actors. I was reminded of a story that he told (for the truth of course) and I'll relate what I remember hearing.

Slim was riding a horse bareback when he was 4 and by the time he was 14 he was entering in local Rodeos around the area. He quit school at 16 to Rodeo and eventually got pretty banged up by the rough stock.

Slim says that when he was in the Army they put him in Communications Division with all of the electronics, two ways, telegraph and such. He was totally lost and went to his superior officer to try and get transferred to another Division. The Officer said "Slim, I don't understand. Right here on your personnel file it clearly states 8 years experience in Radio." Then Slim replied "No Sir, that's Rodeo not Radio."

Have a great weekend, Y'all :tup:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
okie sawbones USER_AVATAR
Okie Sawbones
Outlaw

Re: Cowboy Humor

Postby Okie Sawbones » Sat Dec 12, 2015 8:10 pm

Survival kit contents check. In them you'll find: one forty-five caliber automatic; two boxes of ammunition; four days' concentrated emergency rations; one drug issue containing antibiotics, morphine, vitamin pills, pep pills, sleeping pills, tranquilizer pills; one miniature combination Russian phrase book and Bible; one hundred dollars in rubles; one hundred dollars in gold; nine packs of chewing gum; one issue of prophylactics; three lipsticks; three pair of nylon stockings. Shoot, a fella' could have a pretty good weekend in Vegas with all that stuff.
KCBS - CBJ
PNWBA - CBJ
Jambo Clone, Primo Oval XL, Blaz'n Grills Pellet Stove, Weber 22.5", Lynx SS Grill, The Big Easy
VFW - Life, DAV - Life
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Re: Cowboy Humor

Postby OldUsedParts » Sat Dec 12, 2015 8:54 pm

what lays in Vegas stays in Vegas :laughing7: :D :lol:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"

Return to “Those Funny Cowboys”