Whatcha Doin/Cookin This Weekend? 2/06 - 2/08

The weather, news and topics not related to BBQ.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

osd USER_AVATAR
OSD
Retired Lawman

Whatcha Doin/Cookin This Weekend? 2/06 - 2/08

Postby OSD » Fri Feb 06, 2009 12:07 pm

It's Friday!! We wanna know what you're doin' this weekend, include any special cooks you might have goin' on this weekend as well!!
Jim
chilibbq
Wrangler

Postby chilibbq » Fri Feb 06, 2009 12:22 pm

going to cook on my new 26.5 Weber for the 2nd time, with the new Kingsford Competition Briqs. Some 1/2 chickens and then some ribeyes.
chilibbq
bowhnter USER_AVATAR
bowhnter
Chuck Wagon

Postby bowhnter » Fri Feb 06, 2009 12:58 pm

Found a couple buffalo NY strips in the Market Street bargain bin last night, so that is tonight.

Tomorrow, hopefully I can see if I can cook a pizza on the Primo.

Bought a few cigars last night, so might try to fit one or two in as well.

Gonna be windy here
Mike

Primo Oval XL
Grilla Silverbac
Weber 26”, 22”, and Jumbo Joe
Weber Genesis
Ooni Pro Pizza oven
Blackstone 22 and 36
BAR "G" BBQ
Outlaw

Postby BAR "G" BBQ » Fri Feb 06, 2009 1:36 pm

Couple racks of spares and some chicken halves on the menu for Saturday. Will also being doing some shop work trying to finish my son's steak grills; one is complete and the other about 75% complete. Also be enjoying some adult beverages from time to time over the weekend; come to think of it, maybe thats why these grill builds are taking so long.
BAR "G"
jamesb USER_AVATAR
JamesB
Retired Lawman

Postby JamesB » Fri Feb 06, 2009 2:13 pm

Local grocery has cooks brand half hams on sale, so I got one of those. Also planning on picking up a butt or two and maybe a few racks of spares. Gonna fire up one of the offsets and sit in the driveway while drinking beer... Might torch a cigar or two myself. Might have skype running too!
willkat98 USER_AVATAR
Willkat98
Pilgrim

Postby Willkat98 » Fri Feb 06, 2009 2:13 pm

I will be officiating at swim meets the next 3 weekends, then I can finally start cooking on the weekend again!!

Anyone whose been to one knows they are like 6 hours of heck, both days, like watching paint dry.

But I do it for the kid.

Have a good weekend all!
Bill-Chicago

NB Bandera
22.5" Weber Gold
WSM
Kenmore Gasser
36qt fryer (dog broke the dang burner)
gator USER_AVATAR
Gator
Sheriff

Postby Gator » Fri Feb 06, 2009 5:50 pm

I have a big 'ole pot of pinto beans on for tonight. Beans and corn bread for us. I used SB Chili Seasoning (first time in beans) and it turned out better than I expected:

1 1/2 lbs dry pintos, soaked overnight and rinsed
1 quart water + top off with chicken broth
1+ tbsp salt (I go light at first then add to taste at the end)
1 ham bone
5 - 6 tbsp SB chili seasoning
1 small potato sliced in large wedges (to be removed and discarded at the end of the cook)

Throw everything in a crock and cook all day. I start out on high for several hours then turn it down to low.

The potato removes the gas - I know, I know - some folks find this hard to believe BUT I have done it both ways AND it works! :wink:
Gator

"I won't tolerate rude behavior" - Woodrow F Call
osd USER_AVATAR
OSD
Retired Lawman

Postby OSD » Fri Feb 06, 2009 6:02 pm

Today, I've cookin' a big pot of ham and beans. :D No potato in these, I want the full power of the beans for later. :twisted: :lol:

Might do a rack of beef ribs one day and maybe some burgers the other. :D

Just gonna work around the house this weekend. :roll:
Jim
rich777 USER_AVATAR
Rich777
Chuck Wagon

Postby Rich777 » Fri Feb 06, 2009 7:19 pm

We bailed out on the jobsite wed, waiting on mechanical to finish. Took off thurs and today to catch up on stuff around the house. Clean out martin houses, put up a bluebird house, mow. Sleep!!
I have a bunch of wings to smoke, and Cindy brought home a pork loin. The crawfish dealer is back in business, so I think some mudbugs are in order. :lol: :lol:
Have a great weekend all!
jamesb USER_AVATAR
JamesB
Retired Lawman

Postby JamesB » Fri Feb 06, 2009 9:00 pm

Plans changed slightly. Could not find any decent butts at Sam's and I refuse to pay grocery store prices for butts these days unless they are on sale. So, it's a 3 pack of spares (one of which will get a trial run on a new to me rub), a brisket, the aforementioned ham and whatever else I find in the deep freeze...
Allie

Postby Allie » Sat Feb 07, 2009 1:04 pm

Our weather is decent for a change! Today is supposed to get up to 54°!

I don't know what we'll be doing. My son and I are going for a walk or maybe a bike ride or both this afternoon. It's pretty wet out there so I may just opt for a walk so I don't get soaked by puddles. lol My daughter just left to stay over at a friend's house until tomorrow.
datsbbq USER_AVATAR
DATsBBQ
Deputy

Postby DATsBBQ » Sat Feb 07, 2009 2:54 pm

Not much cooking here. The Mrs has the Flu. Just got done cutting up a half cord of pine for the woodstove -suppose to get cold and snow tomorrow.
Deputy Dave

“A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer."-Bruce Lee

Return to “General Discussion”