Poll, and not very scientific either.

The weather, news and topics not related to BBQ.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

BBQ Association Poll

Yes, I am a proud member of a BBQ Association
36%
No, I am not a member, proud or not, of any BBQ Association.
64%

Total votes: 14
datsbbq USER_AVATAR
DATsBBQ
Deputy

Poll, and not very scientific either.

Postby DATsBBQ » Thu Mar 01, 2007 8:09 pm

Here's your chance to post why or why not. Get on one these :soap: if it helps. 8)
Deputy Dave

“A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer."-Bruce Lee
osd USER_AVATAR
OSD
Retired Lawman

Postby OSD » Thu Mar 01, 2007 8:37 pm

no don't belong to any. Just cook for friends and family. and sometimes for the shooting club. :D
Jim
osd USER_AVATAR
OSD
Retired Lawman

Postby OSD » Thu Mar 01, 2007 8:39 pm

I just noticed you started the poll and didn't vote. How come?????
Jim
datsbbq USER_AVATAR
DATsBBQ
Deputy

Postby DATsBBQ » Thu Mar 01, 2007 9:05 pm

OSD wrote:I just noticed you started the poll and didn't vote. How come?????

Don't want to influence the outcome of the poll. I'll have full disclosure in short order. 8)
Deputy Dave

“A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer."-Bruce Lee
3970010 USER_AVATAR
Wrangler

Postby 3970010 » Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:53 pm

I belong to the IBCA and the TGC-BCA. I cook both sanctions and I cook alot of events (beer joint) cookoffs too. My wife and I average about two a month.
datsbbq USER_AVATAR
DATsBBQ
Deputy

Postby DATsBBQ » Fri Mar 02, 2007 8:33 am

I belong to the RMBBQA, but that's all.
Deputy Dave

big mike USER_AVATAR
Big Mike
Cowboy

Postby Big Mike » Fri Mar 02, 2007 8:37 am

I currently belong to the Florida BBQ Association (FBA). I entered one of their cookoffs last year. I figured if I was going to take their money I should at least be a member and support the organization. :)

This year I hope to cook some KCBS competitions so I will be joining the KCBS soon.
Mike

Eagle River BBQ
nascarchuck USER_AVATAR
nascarchuck
Retired Lawman

Postby nascarchuck » Fri Mar 02, 2007 9:31 am

Well, I'm a pround member of NCBS. Have been for a couple of years... In fact, I am a charter member!
Chuck

http://cookinwithchuck.blogspot.com - Updated 01/10/10

3970010 USER_AVATAR
Wrangler

Postby 3970010 » Sat Mar 03, 2007 7:41 am

I submit that everybody on a Texas BBQ Forum ought to be a member of Texas Gulf Coast BBQ Cookers Association. I mean, it only makes since.

Hey, dont laugh, I am trying to sign up members.
datsbbq USER_AVATAR
DATsBBQ
Deputy

Postby DATsBBQ » Sat Mar 03, 2007 9:36 am

3970010 wrote:I submit that everybody on a Texas BBQ Forum ought to be a member of Texas Gulf Coast BBQ Cookers Association. I mean, it only makes since.

Well then toot your horn abit. :D The link is nice but what insights can you personally provide? Last time I checked, there were no shortage of Q associations in Texas. 8) Here's you chance to make a sales pitch. :wink:
Deputy Dave

3970010 USER_AVATAR
Wrangler

Postby 3970010 » Mon Mar 05, 2007 7:46 am

DATsBBQ wrote:
3970010 wrote:I submit that everybody on a Texas BBQ Forum ought to be a member of Texas Gulf Coast BBQ Cookers Association. I mean, it only makes since.

Well then toot your horn abit. :D The link is nice but what insights can you personally provide? Last time I checked, there were no shortage of Q associations in Texas. 8) Here's you chance to make a sales pitch. :wink:

Ok, for whatever reasons the TGC-BCA decided to split with the IBCA last year. They were the IBCA's largest pit. I am not going to get into the politics of it because I was a new cooker when this was all happening and I would probably get it wrong anyway. I belong to both by the way.

Anyway, the TGC-BCA only sanctions cookoffs that have to do with a charity. At a lot of TGC-BCA cookoffs the prize money is pretty large. As you cook these events (while being a member) you collect points and you can wind up being "Cooker of the Year". TGC-BCA like most other sanctions keeps the judgeing as fair as possible. Every May there is an invitational held in Conroe at Havens Landing that is a great cookoff. This year will be the first time that TGC-BCA holds this cookoff without being a part of the IBCA. We get to vote Presidents and Vice Presidents in or out of office. We vote on the treasury and a couple other offices as well. I am sure I am missing the big sales pitch somewhere but I would be happy to answer any questions you may have. The more members we have the stronger our sanctioning body will be and that translates into more fun and more being done for charities. There is prize money at almost all of the cookoffs for the cookers.

I am not an officer or anything like that in this sanctioning (or any other) body. I am just a proud member. Would like to see yall sign up as well. Our company does help to sponsor the TGC-BCA website and can be viewed on the sponsor page.

You are right about there being no shortage of santioning bodies in Texas.
3970010 USER_AVATAR
Wrangler

Postby 3970010 » Sun Mar 11, 2007 2:50 am

We also have cool shirts

Here is our logo

Our Logo <-------------Klick

Thats me and my wife. We need a BBQ competition area for this forum. My wife and I are going to Lousianna for the March 16th & 17th cookoff. I will take pictures.
datsbbq USER_AVATAR
DATsBBQ
Deputy

Postby DATsBBQ » Sun Mar 11, 2007 8:46 am

3970010 wrote:We also have cool shirts

Here is our logo

Thats me and my wife. We need a BBQ competition area for this forum. My wife and I are going to Lousianna for the March 16th & 17th cookoff. I will take pictures.

I do believe that the Sheriff is working on it. :D
Deputy Dave

burnt food dude USER_AVATAR
Burnt Food Dude
Bandolero

Postby Burnt Food Dude » Sun Mar 11, 2007 9:56 am

3970010 wrote:We also have cool shirts

Here is our logo

Hey! I like it. Its almost worth while joining just to get a shirt and I'm in the mid-west.
rick USER_AVATAR
Rick
Pilgrim

Postby Rick » Sun Mar 11, 2007 2:48 pm

Member of a couple, but I kinda like the idea of the Memphis Police Asso. motto " Affiliated With No One "
Rick

Return to “General Discussion”