Be Careful !!!!

The weather, news and topics not related to BBQ.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

nascarchuck USER_AVATAR
nascarchuck
Retired Lawman

Be Careful !!!!

Postby nascarchuck » Fri Feb 23, 2007 5:10 pm

I know that I like to cut up and play and be a smart tail, but on a serious note...

There was a mobile home that caught fire last night and killed a 4 & 6 year old. I just saw on the news that they are blaming the fire on a smoldering grill.

http://cbs11tv.com/topstories/local_sto ... 80555.html
Chuck

http://cookinwithchuck.blogspot.com - Updated 01/10/10

osd USER_AVATAR
OSD
Retired Lawman

Postby OSD » Fri Feb 23, 2007 6:30 pm

I hate to hear about these type of accidents :( We tend to see several of these fires down here. Grills on wood decks without a fire pad under them, too close to the house, Under overhangs, and even inside of the garage. You see this all the time because of the rainy weather we have. They take the food off the grill and go eat and relax and forget the grill still has hot coals in it. After a while it just slips their minds about checking the grill.
Another one is using a fryer and having a grease fire.
Jim
bigwheel
Outlaw

Postby bigwheel » Sat Feb 24, 2007 1:04 am

That was a very tragic story. They could hear screams then the screams stopped. Makes me very sad and know Jesus is rocking them kids asleep in His Arms tonight. Got to have an escape route out of the crib for the kids and teach em how to use it. Fire drills blah blah blah. Just my .02.

bigwheel
TL Parnell
Wrangler

Postby TL Parnell » Sun Feb 25, 2007 1:31 am

bigwheel wrote:That was a very tragic story. They could hear screams then the screams stopped. Makes me very sad and know Jesus is rocking them kids asleep in His Arms tonight. Got to have an escape route out of the crib for the kids and teach em how to use it. Fire drills blah blah blah. Just my .02.

bigwheel
That is a sad story!! The only consolation of it is the fact that Jesus is rocking them tonight! God Bless the family in their sorrow!
God loves you & so do I, in the precious name of Jesus
copkid USER_AVATAR
copkid
Chuck Wagon

Postby copkid » Sun Feb 25, 2007 1:33 am

TL Parnell wrote:
bigwheel wrote:That was a very tragic story. They could hear screams then the screams stopped. Makes me very sad and know Jesus is rocking them kids asleep in His Arms tonight. Got to have an escape route out of the crib for the kids and teach em how to use it. Fire drills blah blah blah. Just my .02.

bigwheel
That is a sad story!! The only consolation of it is the fact that Jesus is rocking them tonight! God Bless the family in their sorrow!

Amen! A house fire has always been one of my biggest fears.
Laura
Laura

In Valor, There is Hope
-Tacitus

Lord, Keep your arm around my shoulders, and your hand over my mouth!
TL Parnell
Wrangler

Postby TL Parnell » Sun Feb 25, 2007 1:43 am

copkid wrote:
TL Parnell wrote:

bigwheel

Amen! A house fire has always been one of my biggest fears.
Laura
One can NEVER be too careful!!! My pit is in the driveway that is solid rock, I live on a mountaintop on the Brazos River in central Texas & all that grows up here is cactus, cedar trees & a few live oaks & a helluva bunch of limestone rocks!
God loves you & so do I, in the precious name of Jesus

Return to “General Discussion”