Estes Park

The weather, news and topics not related to BBQ.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

RonH
Rustler

Estes Park

Postby RonH » Sat Jun 21, 2008 1:31 pm

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Say mister DATsBBQ just noticed your close to Estes Park do you know of any good campground with full hookups, gonna be heading your way on the 5th. Bringing the wife,5th wheel and harley for a few days . Too many to choose from ,and oh yea gonna need a bbq fix and mexican food fix for her. Then on to Fun Valley for another week with the rest of the family. Son-in-law wants to know if I can take the UDS. HaHa
datsbbq USER_AVATAR
DATsBBQ
Deputy

Re: Estes Park

Postby DATsBBQ » Sat Jun 21, 2008 1:47 pm

RonH wrote:--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Say mister DATsBBQ just noticed your close to Estes Park do you know of any good campground with full hookups, gonna be heading your way on the 5th. Bringing the wife,5th wheel and harley for a few days . Too many to choose from ,and oh yea gonna need a bbq fix and mexican food fix for her. Then on to Fun Valley for another week with the rest of the family. Son-in-law wants to know if I can take the UDS. HaHa

It's about 25 miles from here. Been there twice in my life. Too many tourists for my liking :wink: A friend told me that http://www.elkmeadowrv.com/ is pretty good, but I don't have any firsthand knowledge about campgrounds (sorry). I hear most folks buy a park pass and enjoy Rocky Mountain National Park. PS: Haven't been there either. Just can't see the logic of spending the $$$ to see the mountains when I see them everyday for free!

Back when I was living in Breckenridge years ago, http://www.tigerrunresort.com/ was a hopping place. Had to drive by it daily and they seemed always be full. Breckenridge is another touristy place, but there are a lot more bars!
Deputy Dave

“A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer."-Bruce Lee
RonH
Rustler

Postby RonH » Sat Jun 21, 2008 2:20 pm

Thanks probably feel the same way if I lived up there. Don't mind paying a little to go to a place to cool off and can't look out the window and see 30 or 40 miles any direction you want to look
datsbbq USER_AVATAR
DATsBBQ
Deputy

Postby DATsBBQ » Sat Jun 21, 2008 3:09 pm

RonH wrote:Thanks probably feel the same way if I lived up there. Don't mind paying a little to go to a place to cool off and can't look out the window and see 30 or 40 miles any direction you want to look

Most of my clients who have never lived in the mountains want to buy a house with "million dollar views". There is a good reason why a particular place has "views".....it's called 100MPH winds :shock:
Deputy Dave

“A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer."-Bruce Lee
datsbbq USER_AVATAR
DATsBBQ
Deputy

Postby DATsBBQ » Sun Jul 13, 2008 9:48 am

So what did you think of the Colorado High Country? 8)
Deputy Dave

Return to “General Discussion”