Gratefull

The weather, news and topics not related to BBQ.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

k.a.m. USER_AVATAR
k.a.m.
Chuck Wagon

Re: Gratefull

Postby k.a.m. » Thu Apr 04, 2024 9:33 am

GRailsback wrote:
k.a.m. wrote:Rule #1 If it taste's like fish it is not fresh and I walk away.
Rule #2 Chinese buffets while are a nice fix are not a very high benchmark for sushi.
You are correct Greg a lot of folks eat it all wrong. There is proper etiquette involved in how you dip or do not dip as well as the involvement of fresh ginger and wasabi.
But I have to admit when I hit a Chinese buffet and its fresh I I go all ghetto like mixing wasabi in my soy sauce lol.

I guess what I meant, is as many people in the world that eat sushi, they can't all be wrong. I wouldn't know if people were eating it right or not. I do go to a real busy and popular chinese place at Grant Rd and 249, and they seem to go through a lot of it. But as always I keep my distance.

Yes, we should get together when you come to town. You doing the VFW cookoff again this year?

I assigned a judge to it that lives closer to save the Hall some funds.
I will be there on Sunday at 1:00 to 3:00. The Hall is letting me use it for an IBCA town Hall meeting. If you're home and free come by.
Always remember slow and steady wins the race.

My Hybrid cooker.
Competition trailer #2.
grailsback USER_AVATAR
GRailsback
Chuck Wagon

Postby GRailsback » Thu Apr 04, 2024 9:54 am

k.a.m. wrote:
GRailsback wrote:
k.a.m. wrote:Rule #1 If it taste's like fish it is not fresh and I walk away.
Rule #2 Chinese buffets while are a nice fix are not a very high benchmark for sushi.
You are correct Greg a lot of folks eat it all wrong. There is proper etiquette involved in how you dip or do not dip as well as the involvement of fresh ginger and wasabi.
But I have to admit when I hit a Chinese buffet and its fresh I I go all ghetto like mixing wasabi in my soy sauce lol.

I guess what I meant, is as many people in the world that eat sushi, they can't all be wrong. I wouldn't know if people were eating it right or not. I do go to a real busy and popular chinese place at Grant Rd and 249, and they seem to go through a lot of it. But as always I keep my distance.

Yes, we should get together when you come to town. You doing the VFW cookoff again this year?

I assigned a judge to it that lives closer to save the Hall some funds.
I will be there on Sunday at 1:00 to 3:00. The Hall is letting me use it for an IBCA town Hall meeting. If you're home and free come by.

Unfortunately I am offshore and won't be able to make it. Been here for a couple of weeks with no real end in sight.
rambo USER_AVATAR
Rambo
Deputy

Postby Rambo » Thu Apr 04, 2024 7:59 pm

GTR wrote:Best thing ever happened to Terry Bradshaw was Phil Robertson went duck hunting. Ask him, he’ll tell ya.

I think I remember that story; pretty sure they played football together
spacetrucker USER_AVATAR
spacetrucker
Chuck Wagon

Postby spacetrucker » Fri Apr 05, 2024 10:30 am

True story time....
We went to church one Sunday and my wife asked me who is preaching, me looking at the announcement said it's not Justin, some Robertson substitute guy, this was when duck dynasty was hot on TV, turns out it was the Robertson preacher (can't remember his first name) from West Monroe La. He explained the ups and down of Phil, through college, drugs, and their family story, there were some hilarious moments along with the sad times. That is one Sunday we have in our little cache of memories. The sad part after the service in the foyer there was really nothing we could talk about, as those folks just like the movie actors are not the personality portrayed on the big screen.
Don't count every day, Make every day Count
Good Cue to ya..
Vernon

FEC-100
Webber kettle 22"
Webber genesis
Blackstone pizza oven
rambo USER_AVATAR
Rambo
Deputy

Postby Rambo » Fri Apr 05, 2024 6:44 pm

That’s awesome ST
sailor kenshin USER_AVATAR
Sailor Kenshin
Chuck Wagon

Postby Sailor Kenshin » Sun Apr 07, 2024 2:30 pm

OldUsedParts wrote:CONFESSION TIME :whiteflag: :whiteflag: :whiteflag:

I HAVE NEVER TASTED OR MUCH LESS EATEN SUSHI
AND THAT"S THE TRUTH :bow: :salut:

We eat it. I should say sushi rolls rather than just sushi.

The first time I tasted any was out to lunch with PB at the closest place to where we worked (I filled in for the office staff at his job for a month or so).

“It tastes like bait,” I said. But that was a California roll. Still don't like it. Gimme spicy crunchy tuna rolls.
Moink!

Return to “General Discussion”