Iffin they ain't the Original Way, I don't want them

The weather, news and topics not related to BBQ.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Iffin they ain't the Original Way, I don't want them

Postby OldUsedParts » Wed Feb 28, 2024 3:11 pm

I'm speaking of Fried Pork Skins ?OR? as my Folks called them when they would make'em - - - "CRACKLINS" (we'll save Cracklin Cornbread for later) :laughing7:
As some of you may know, there is a lot of Fried Pork Skins/Cracklins out on the Market these days, with lots of Seasonings and I don't like them like I like the ORIGINAL VERSION that I found at HEB.

Here is a picture of what I found and I'm stuck on them until I can't find them any longer.

Even tho the label is Mexicano, the Cracklins are "OLD SKOOL" with no ETHNIC necessary :!:

IMG_0002.JPG
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
spacetrucker USER_AVATAR
spacetrucker
Chuck Wagon

Re: Iffin they ain't the Original Way, I don't want them

Postby spacetrucker » Wed Feb 28, 2024 5:09 pm

in days long gone by, pork skins and a 6 pack of cold adult beverages would ease the hunger pains on a drive home.
especially between Eagle Pass and Brackettville times were nothing other than deer and snakes on that run. Not so anymore from what I hear.
Don't count every day, Make every day Count
Good Cue to ya..
Vernon

FEC-100
Webber kettle 22"
Webber genesis
Blackstone pizza oven
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Wed Feb 28, 2024 6:24 pm

I hear the same thing but haven't been down there in many many moons - - - last time was when I took my youngest to Bracketville to kill a nice White Tailed Buck !

I think the old "Alamo" Movie Location is gone also ???
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
spacetrucker USER_AVATAR
spacetrucker
Chuck Wagon

Postby spacetrucker » Fri Mar 01, 2024 6:49 am

OldUsedParts wrote:I think the old "Alamo" Movie Location is gone also ???

the folks that owned it have passed on, the kids and grandkids have closed it down and last contact was they were selling it off in various sized parcels.
Good Cue to ya..
Vernon

FEC-100
Webber kettle 22"
Webber genesis
Blackstone pizza oven
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Fri Mar 01, 2024 7:22 am

Being a fourth generation Jim Bowie and a HUGE FAN of John Wayne, that really makes me sad knowing that my G-babies won't get to learn and see what I did. :( :( :( :( :(
spacetrucker USER_AVATAR
spacetrucker
Chuck Wagon

Postby spacetrucker » Fri Mar 01, 2024 6:00 pm

they had a very large auction about 3 years ago. I kind of wanted to go but was too busy just trying to stay focused on operation Lone Star and work related thing, back then I wasn't very active on here due to the work load. Sure glad that is over, of coarse the border problem continues to rage on...
Good Cue to ya..
Vernon

FEC-100
Webber kettle 22"
Webber genesis
Blackstone pizza oven
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Fri Mar 01, 2024 6:21 pm

hmmmmm, I would have loved to have been able to check out that Auction :whiteflag:

Return to “General Discussion”