DIL

The weather, news and topics not related to BBQ.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

papa tom USER_AVATAR
Papa Tom
Deputy

Re: DIL

Postby Papa Tom » Wed Dec 27, 2023 5:40 pm

GRailsback wrote:
Papa Tom wrote:Cool!
Need more of them in the world...
Did she make the ricotta?

She said it was 1 large tub of ricotta.
2 tubs of mascarpone cheese
4 eggs
And Italian seasoning.

Ohhhhh that sounds wonderful!
tarde venientibus ossa....
grailsback USER_AVATAR
GRailsback
Chuck Wagon

Postby GRailsback » Wed Dec 27, 2023 5:54 pm

Papa Tom wrote:
GRailsback wrote:
Papa Tom wrote:Cool!
Need more of them in the world...
Did she make the ricotta?

She said it was 1 large tub of ricotta.
2 tubs of mascarpone cheese
4 eggs
And Italian seasoning.

Ohhhhh that sounds wonderful!

I promise, it’s a glorious plate of Italian food. I get her to make me meatballs and sauce, and I go get me a fresh loaf of baguette and make a meatball sub out of it. It’s spectacular.

There are 4 kids in that house she looks after, well 5 with my son. And they eat home cooked meals. She works hard. I appreciate her a great deal.
rambo USER_AVATAR
Rambo
Deputy

Postby Rambo » Wed Dec 27, 2023 7:44 pm

GRailsback wrote:
Rambo wrote:
OldUsedParts wrote:
GRailsback wrote:She’s an excellent cook Parts, I always eat good when I run out to Navasota for a visit.

?Navasota? that town has been a favorite spot to Eat for many years - - - I guess it runs in the City Limit Genes, eh LOL
Any time we're traveling and Navasota is anywhere possible to be part of the Route then we plan a "Eating Stop"
(Lunch, Supper and even Breakfast) there.

Back in the 70’s , before I started my Insurance Career, I worked with my Dad building roads. There was a rock crusher pit just off HWY 6 going towards Anderson. The Auction Barn was about a mile off 6 and they had a cafe in the Auction Barn: it was a GREAT place to eat. I’m sure it’s gone now and the Cook’s aren’t the same but it’s good memories now that you mention it

The barn is still there. And not sure if the restaurant is still in the barn or right next door but it is still there as well. I haven’t been into Anderson in a couple of years. But they do have 249 finished all the way out to 105 then on into Navasota. Been wanting to stop into this place in navasota for a couple cold ones and some lunch but haven’t been able to get in there yet.
https://www.redboardtavern.com/

I haven’t been there in 40 years. No telling. They used to move a lot of cattle out of there. Thanks for the heads up
spacetrucker USER_AVATAR
spacetrucker
Chuck Wagon

Postby spacetrucker » Thu Dec 28, 2023 7:22 am

looks like your DIL is a keeper. Glad you had a great meal or two...
Don't count every day, Make every day Count
Good Cue to ya..
Vernon

FEC-100
Webber kettle 22"
Webber genesis
Blackstone pizza oven
grailsback USER_AVATAR
GRailsback
Chuck Wagon

Postby GRailsback » Thu Dec 28, 2023 9:17 am

Rambo wrote:
GRailsback wrote:
Rambo wrote:
OldUsedParts wrote:
GRailsback wrote:She’s an excellent cook Parts, I always eat good when I run out to Navasota for a visit.

?Navasota? that town has been a favorite spot to Eat for many years - - - I guess it runs in the City Limit Genes, eh LOL
Any time we're traveling and Navasota is anywhere possible to be part of the Route then we plan a "Eating Stop"
(Lunch, Supper and even Breakfast) there.

Back in the 70’s , before I started my Insurance Career, I worked with my Dad building roads. There was a rock crusher pit just off HWY 6 going towards Anderson. The Auction Barn was about a mile off 6 and they had a cafe in the Auction Barn: it was a GREAT place to eat. I’m sure it’s gone now and the Cook’s aren’t the same but it’s good memories now that you mention it

The barn is still there. And not sure if the restaurant is still in the barn or right next door but it is still there as well. I haven’t been into Anderson in a couple of years. But they do have 249 finished all the way out to 105 then on into Navasota. Been wanting to stop into this place in navasota for a couple cold ones and some lunch but haven’t been able to get in there yet.
https://www.redboardtavern.com/

I haven’t been there in 40 years. No telling. They used to move a lot of cattle out of there. Thanks for the heads up

Grimes County, was once known as the “The Land of Milk and Honey” it was full of dairies back then. Still a few around but not many. Still cattle around though, and some land has went away to development.

Return to “General Discussion”