"Who'da Thunk It?"

The weather, news and topics not related to BBQ.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

"Who'da Thunk It?"

Postby OldUsedParts » Tue Jul 11, 2023 3:24 pm

Last night I had just fallen asleep and the phone rang so I "quickly" got out of bed and in the process I rammed the middle toe of my left foot into a chair by my bed. When I did this I reached down and low and behold my entire toenail came off and into my hand. After answering the phone, I grabbed my "oops container", squeezed some antibiotic ointment onto where the nail had been and wrapped it as best I could. Also put a sox on to keep from causing the bandage from coming off.

Here's the "unbelieveable part" : - - - I have not had or suffered any pain or discomfort from it since it happened. Put my shoes on this morning and it was like nothing had happened. I'm gonna leave it in tack until tomorrow and then rebandage it with some more cream and maybe liquid bandaid this time - - - not sure yet????????
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
professor bunky USER_AVATAR
Professor Bunky
Outlaw

Re: "Who'da Thunk It?"

Postby Professor Bunky » Tue Jul 11, 2023 4:23 pm

Yikes!
I hope you're OK, OUP. Are you going to have a doctor take a look at it?

I've had my own late night "oopses" (usually tripping over something).
Take care.
sailor kenshin USER_AVATAR
Sailor Kenshin
Chuck Wagon

Postby Sailor Kenshin » Tue Jul 11, 2023 4:24 pm

Amen! Just fell over something a couple days ago. Nothing came off, though. :shock:
Moink!
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Tue Jul 11, 2023 4:30 pm

As for now goes, I think I'll just wait and see if it just heals or tries to cause problems. Mainly all I'm concerned with now is keeping it in the healing mode and avoid any possible infection. "fangers crossed" :whiteflag:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
rambo USER_AVATAR
Rambo
Deputy

Postby Rambo » Tue Jul 11, 2023 7:05 pm

OldUsedParts wrote:As for now goes, I think I'll just wait and see if it just heals or tries to cause problems. Mainly all I'm concerned with now is keeping it in the healing mode and avoid any possible infection. "fangers crossed" :whiteflag:

Put some Campho Phonique on it
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Wed Jul 12, 2023 7:31 am

Today will be the first time that I've looked at it since I wrapped it with antibiotic cream and put on my socks. I'm thinking I"ll probably pick up some "monkey blood" later today and hopefully just be able to let it heal ?????

Return to “General Discussion”