Heat Indexes Today

The weather, news and topics not related to BBQ.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Re: Heat Indexes Today

Postby OldUsedParts » Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:23 am

WOO HOO - - - we finally got some pre-cip last night and there must have been a lot of wind with it because the back yard and porch was not like I left it yesterday. I have a metal Donkey that had changed places and was on his back, half of a small tree was laying beside my driveway with the bottom on my neighbors fence and lots of buckets and various items were scattered in the yard waiting for me to put them back where they belong. HOpefully we will benefit from this and get some more without the wind. :tup: :salut: :texas:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
spacetrucker USER_AVATAR
spacetrucker
Chuck Wagon

Postby spacetrucker » Sat Sep 09, 2023 10:33 am

I sure do hope the weatherman is on the up & up!!
we need a break from the hot and dry.
Don't count every day, Make every day Count
Good Cue to ya..
Vernon

FEC-100
Webber kettle 22"
Webber genesis
Blackstone pizza oven
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Sat Sep 09, 2023 12:41 pm

X2
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
spacetrucker USER_AVATAR
spacetrucker
Chuck Wagon

Postby spacetrucker » Mon Sep 25, 2023 6:22 am

we had another hot one yesterday although not as hot as it has been; yesterday was only 103 but it was followed last night with a 1/2 inch of rain, the hail did significant damage to the area but we seem to have been spared from the baseball size hail, ours was small like bb's :whiteflag:
Don't count every day, Make every day Count
Good Cue to ya..
Vernon

FEC-100
Webber kettle 22"
Webber genesis
Blackstone pizza oven
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Mon Sep 25, 2023 8:03 am

:tup: :salut:
norway joe USER_AVATAR
Norway Joe
Chuck Wagon

Postby Norway Joe » Mon Sep 25, 2023 11:47 am

Temps approaching freezing point with forecast of 37 in a few days. Summer is definitely over with the dark mornings and soon also dark in the afternoon. Worst time is mid October to mid/end of November. Dark almost all day with rain and wind.

July and august had an average temperature of 60 fahrenheit and 16 inches of rain which is more than twice the normal level of rain. Not a great summer.

Sent fra min SM-G988B via Tapatalk
Instagram: Norway_joe1
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Mon Sep 25, 2023 12:12 pm

Norway Joe wrote:Temps approaching freezing point with forecast of 37 in a few days. Summer is definitely over with the dark mornings and soon also dark in the afternoon. Worst time is mid October to mid/end of November. Dark almost all day with rain and wind.

July and august had an average temperature of 60 fahrenheit and 16 inches of rain which is more than twice the normal level of rain. Not a great summer.

WOW Joe, I guess we'd better start counting our blessing and quite belly aching :whiteflag:
Good to see you posting, Pardnah :tup: :salut:
grailsback USER_AVATAR
GRailsback
Chuck Wagon

Postby GRailsback » Mon Sep 25, 2023 5:30 pm

spacetrucker wrote:we had another hot one yesterday although not as hot as it has been; yesterday was only 103 but it was followed last night with a 1/2 inch of rain, the hail did significant damage to the area but we seem to have been spared from the baseball size hail, ours was small like bb's :whiteflag:

102 at the race track in Roanoke yesterday. Tough day in the grandstands for the early part of the race.

Return to “General Discussion”