Not Good

The weather, news and topics not related to BBQ.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

rambo USER_AVATAR
Rambo
Deputy

Re: Not Good

Postby Rambo » Sun Jun 11, 2023 5:59 am

And, I hate to tell you this but don’t expect the Field Adjuster to get there quickly. You may hear from the “In-House “ adjuster Monday though. I hope it’s done quickly for y’all
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Sun Jun 11, 2023 8:01 am

looks like there were some more "bad Storms" that came thru last night - - - no damage here, Praise the Lord, hope Y'all were spared any more of this stuff :tup: :salut: :texas:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
rambo USER_AVATAR
Rambo
Deputy

Postby Rambo » Sun Jun 11, 2023 8:06 am

OldUsedParts wrote:looks like there were some more "bad Storms" that came thru last night - - - no damage here, Praise the Lord, hope Y'all were spared any more of this stuff :tup: :salut: :texas:

It got a little rough here for about an hour; no trees down here, lawn furniture blown out into the yard
grailsback USER_AVATAR
GRailsback
Chuck Wagon

Postby GRailsback » Sun Jun 11, 2023 8:19 am

Rambo wrote:Do you have power yet?

Just now got it, they re-hung the line to the house and I threw the breaker a few minutes ago. It went out Thursday at 5:30pm.
grailsback USER_AVATAR
GRailsback
Chuck Wagon

Postby GRailsback » Sun Jun 11, 2023 8:21 am

OldUsedParts wrote:looks like there were some more "bad Storms" that came thru last night - - - no damage here, Praise the Lord, hope Y'all were spared any more of this stuff :tup: :salut: :texas:

All we got last night was a little rain. But we stayed up for it because we have a tree leaning pretty good that they will take out tomorrow. Looks like the worst part went east of us last night.
grailsback USER_AVATAR
GRailsback
Chuck Wagon

Postby GRailsback » Sun Jun 11, 2023 8:23 am

Rambo wrote:And, I hate to tell you this but don’t expect the Field Adjuster to get there quickly. You may hear from the “In-House “ adjuster Monday though. I hope it’s done quickly for y’all

I got a call from someone up north on Friday that said we would hear from an adjuster in 24-48 hours. That has passed.
bobcat1 USER_AVATAR
bobcat1
Outlaw

Postby bobcat1 » Sun Jun 11, 2023 9:59 am

Glad y'all are okay. Everything else can be fixed or replaced.
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Sun Jun 11, 2023 10:20 am

GRailsback wrote:All we got last night was a little rain. But we stayed up for it because we have a tree leaning pretty good that they will take out tomorrow. Looks like the worst part went east of us last night.

Good Deal - - - I just noticed two pretty good sized Limbs by the old 2007 Rav4 that I'm gonna give my Grandson next week, when they get here from the Left Coast but no damage was done to anything. I've got some nice trees in my Yard on the North side of the house and I've been "seriously considering" having all of them taken down but just not sure I want to at this time. :whiteflag:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
rambo USER_AVATAR
Rambo
Deputy

Postby Rambo » Sun Jun 11, 2023 10:29 am

GRailsback wrote:
Rambo wrote:And, I hate to tell you this but don’t expect the Field Adjuster to get there quickly. You may hear from the “In-House “ adjuster Monday though. I hope it’s done quickly for y’all

I got a call from someone up north on Friday that said we would hear from an adjuster in 24-48 hours. That has passed.

Insurance World shuts down at about 4pm on Friday’s, I’ve been doing it 40 plus years. Maybe the field adjuster will call Monday to set up an inspection visit next week
rambo USER_AVATAR
Rambo
Deputy

Postby Rambo » Sun Jun 11, 2023 10:30 am

Take a lot of pictures
grailsback USER_AVATAR
GRailsback
Chuck Wagon

Postby GRailsback » Sun Jun 11, 2023 3:45 pm

Rambo wrote:Take a lot of pictures

We do have a lot of photos, especially of the tress because they will mostly be gone by time the adjuster gets here. At least we didn’t have to move out. There are a lot of folks in the back with places uninhabitable, including a next door neighbor. Not sure how far over my skis I need to get with my own money, but I need the roof fixed pretty quick to prevent any further damage. The tree breached the roof in several spots, but not the interior ceilings.
rambo USER_AVATAR
Rambo
Deputy

Postby Rambo » Sun Jun 11, 2023 7:34 pm

GRailsback wrote:

We do have a lot of photos, especially of the tress because they will mostly be gone by time the adjuster gets here. At least we didn’t have to move out. There are a lot of folks in the back with places uninhabitable, including a next door neighbor. Not sure how far over my skis I need to get with my own money, but I need the roof fixed pretty quick to prevent any further damage. The tree breached the roof in several spots, but not the interior ceilings.

I’m going to send you a PM
grailsback USER_AVATAR
GRailsback
Chuck Wagon

Postby GRailsback » Sun Jun 11, 2023 7:45 pm

Rambo wrote:
GRailsback wrote:

I’m going to send you a PM

Ok, or maybe a call tomorrow sometime. I have zero experience with stuff.
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Mon Jun 12, 2023 8:31 am

^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^

:tup: :salut: :tup: :salut: :tup: :salut: :tup: :salut: :tup: :salut: :tup: :salut: :tup: :salut: :tup: :salut:
spacetrucker USER_AVATAR
spacetrucker
Chuck Wagon

Postby spacetrucker » Mon Jun 12, 2023 3:37 pm

I have been following this and wish you a good outcome, at times like this there is not much I can say, except wish you the best possible outcome.
Don't count every day, Make every day Count
Good Cue to ya..
Vernon

FEC-100
Webber kettle 22"
Webber genesis
Blackstone pizza oven

Return to “General Discussion”