Dormant Taste Buds

The weather, news and topics not related to BBQ.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Dormant Taste Buds

Postby OldUsedParts » Sun Jan 23, 2022 12:46 pm

For some reason my appetite for various foods seem to change at times and things that I really liked just become "former foods". Lately one of those has been Eggs done sunny side up, no turning over and very very runny yellows. However, the white is cooked and not runny at all. The egg is then placed on a piece of toast with a sausage patty on the side. I eat it in bites that consist of toast, white, yellow and sausage all together and the flavor is "to die for". Needless to say that I've done some catching up in the last couple of days since I started fixing this breakfast treat again.

This has caused me to think of things that I haven't fixed or eaten in quite a while and have started me a list. :tup:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Re: Dormant Taste Buds

Postby OldUsedParts » Fri Feb 04, 2022 10:49 am

IMG_0036.JPG
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
rambo USER_AVATAR
Rambo
Deputy

Postby Rambo » Fri Feb 04, 2022 11:26 am

Is that Skillet Toast?
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Fri Feb 04, 2022 12:27 pm

Nope it's from the Oven Broiler but Skillet Toast would have been better - - - - next time I'll do that - - thanks for the memory jog :tup:
sailor kenshin USER_AVATAR
Sailor Kenshin
Chuck Wagon

Postby Sailor Kenshin » Fri Feb 04, 2022 1:42 pm

OldUsedParts wrote:For some reason my appetite for various foods seem to change at times and things that I really liked just become "former foods". Lately one of those has been Eggs done sunny side up, no turning over and very very runny yellows. However, the white is cooked and not runny at all. The egg is then placed on a piece of toast with a sausage patty on the side. I eat it in bites that consist of toast, white, yellow and sausage all together and the flavor is "to die for". Needless to say that I've done some catching up in the last couple of days since I started fixing this breakfast treat again.

This has caused me to think of things that I haven't fixed or eaten in quite a while and have started me a list. :tup:

We eat this sort of thing all the time, and call it 'Egg McSomethin'. Yours is purdy! :salut:
Moink!
rambo USER_AVATAR
Rambo
Deputy

Postby Rambo » Fri Feb 04, 2022 2:40 pm

I had an old hunting buddy when we hunted Cherokee Creek at Bend that made skillet toast using the thick Texas Toast Bread, man it was good
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Fri Feb 04, 2022 4:10 pm

Rambo wrote:I had an old hunting buddy when we hunted Cherokee Creek at Bend that made skillet toast using the thick Texas Toast Bread, man it was good

Colorado River Grub - - - we used to live just up the Road from Bend, as I mentioned before. :tup: :texas:

Return to “General Discussion”