Tis the Season to be "HATCHED"

The weather, news and topics not related to BBQ.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Tis the Season to be "HATCHED"

Postby OldUsedParts » Wed Aug 11, 2021 11:51 am

Went to H.E.B. this morning and Hatch Peppers and Signs were all over the place WOO HOO ?
Looks like they're setting up a roasting area for this weekend and will be selling roasted ones soon. :tup:
I picked up 3 lbs of fresh Hatch Peppers and also this Bacon :cheers: This was NEW TO ME but it won't be
after today.

Any of you ever had Hatch Bacon ????????? :dont:

IMG_0001.JPG
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
GTR
Bandolero

Re: Tis the Season to be "HATCHED"

Postby GTR » Wed Aug 11, 2021 1:35 pm

I have seen several offerings of hatch products. Tried some Johnsonville hatch brawts couple years ago. Hard to catch in my area, always seem to sell out quick. Hatch bacon has hatch chilis so it can't be all bad. May have to whip up a hatch cure for my next pork belly. Dehydrate some fresh, grind and add to my chili verde powder, then use as a dry rub. :dont:
"The days I keep my expectations low and my gratitude high, I have really good days."
Ray Wylie Hubbard
phillymike
Cowboy

Postby phillymike » Wed Aug 11, 2021 4:07 pm

I think I’m too far East for such goodness.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Wed Aug 11, 2021 4:29 pm

I won't have any trouble finding places/uses for the Bacon but I need to give the 3 lbs of Peppers some serious thought. :dont: :scratch: :chef:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Wed Aug 11, 2021 5:59 pm

I nuked one piece of the Bacon and it was fantastic. I can't wait to use it with some foods in the near future :tup: :chef: :cheers: :salut:
sailor kenshin USER_AVATAR
Sailor Kenshin
Chuck Wagon

Postby Sailor Kenshin » Thu Aug 12, 2021 12:11 pm

OldUsedParts wrote:Went to H.E.B. this morning and Hatch Peppers and Signs were all over the place WOO HOO ?
Looks like they're setting up a roasting area for this weekend and will be selling roasted ones soon. :tup:
I picked up 3 lbs of fresh Hatch Peppers and also this Bacon :cheers: This was NEW TO ME but it won't be
after today.

Any of you ever had Hatch Bacon ????????? :dont:

IMG_0001.JPG

No...we're too far East too but that looks innnteresting!
Moink!

Return to “General Discussion”