Easter Menu’s; whatcha cooking

The weather, news and topics not related to BBQ.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

rambo USER_AVATAR
Rambo
Deputy

Easter Menu’s; whatcha cooking

Postby Rambo » Wed Mar 31, 2021 5:08 pm

We’re changing up this year. We’ve always had a traditional Sunday noon Easter meal at Sherry’s parents but they’re in their 90’s now and just not able to feed 25. Our kids are from 35-50 and they have kids with other Families that must be seen too so we’re doing ours Saturday in order to get the whole crew in one spot for 4 or 5 hours together. They’ve all requested brisket and ribs so I’ll have my hands full getting the timing down . Time marches on
sailor kenshin USER_AVATAR
Sailor Kenshin
Chuck Wagon

Re: Easter Menu’s; whatcha cooking

Postby Sailor Kenshin » Wed Mar 31, 2021 5:26 pm

Rambo wrote:We’re changing up this year. We’ve always had a traditional Sunday noon Easter meal at Sherry’s parents but they’re in their 90’s now and just not able to feed 25. Our kids are from 35-50 and they have kids with other Families that must be seen too so we’re doing ours Saturday in order to get the whole crew in one spot for 4 or 5 hours together. They’ve all requested brisket and ribs so I’ll have my hands full getting the timing down . Time marches on

Sounds good! :salut:

HOPING for beer can chicken, dressing, and a vejable...just the two of us this year.
Moink!
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Wed Mar 31, 2021 6:00 pm

If I can get to the store, beer can sheeken sounds good here also. Maybe some brussell spouts, sweet Corn, Edame???, ETC.
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
rambo USER_AVATAR
Rambo
Deputy

Postby Rambo » Wed Mar 31, 2021 7:42 pm

I’m going to miss the chicken and dumplings, ham, and chicken and dressing; the traditional stuff
bsooner75 USER_AVATAR
bsooner75
High Plains Smoker

Postby bsooner75 » Wed Mar 31, 2021 8:11 pm

Having some family at the house Sunday. I’m smoking a brisket and not sure what else. Maybe turkey breast

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
rambo USER_AVATAR
Rambo
Deputy

Postby Rambo » Wed Mar 31, 2021 8:51 pm

bsooner75 wrote:Having some family at the house Sunday. I’m smoking a brisket and not sure what else. Maybe turkey breast

I smoke Turkey breasts every thanksgiving injected with Tony’s Butter Garlic, you won’t regret it
norway joe USER_AVATAR
Norway Joe
Chuck Wagon

Postby Norway Joe » Thu Apr 01, 2021 1:07 am

I'm going Vegan this Easter.
Instagram: Norway_joe1
bsooner75 USER_AVATAR
bsooner75
High Plains Smoker

Postby bsooner75 » Thu Apr 01, 2021 5:45 am

Rambo wrote:
bsooner75 wrote:Having some family at the house Sunday. I’m smoking a brisket and not sure what else. Maybe turkey breast

I smoke Turkey breasts every thanksgiving injected with Tony’s Butter Garlic, you won’t regret it

Only thing I might regret is I only have one pack of turkey breasts left in the freezer and I’m not sure I want to share

rambo USER_AVATAR
Rambo
Deputy

Postby Rambo » Thu Apr 01, 2021 6:00 am

bsooner75 wrote:
Rambo wrote:

Only thing I might regret is I only have one pack of turkey breasts left in the freezer and I’m not sure I want to share
I use the bone in breast, NOT the boneless stuff. I hadn’t thought about that but it might be difficult to find a Turkey breast this time of year

sailor kenshin USER_AVATAR
Sailor Kenshin
Chuck Wagon

Postby Sailor Kenshin » Thu Apr 01, 2021 6:27 am

Norway Joe wrote:I'm going Vegan this Easter.

NOOOOOOOO! :shock:
Moink!
bsooner75 USER_AVATAR
bsooner75
High Plains Smoker

Postby bsooner75 » Thu Apr 01, 2021 7:11 am

Seems like I remember a certain forum member smoking a whole gator around this time…

bsooner75 USER_AVATAR
bsooner75
High Plains Smoker

Postby bsooner75 » Thu Apr 01, 2021 7:12 am

Rambo wrote:
bsooner75 wrote:
Rambo wrote:

I use the bone in breast, NOT the boneless stuff. I hadn’t thought about that but it might be difficult to find a Turkey breast this time of year

I always did bone in until I got my hands on a case of boneless from US foods. Man they turned out good and were an extremely easy cook.

oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Thu Apr 01, 2021 8:51 am

bsooner75 wrote:Seems like I remember a certain forum member smoking a whole gator around this time…

YEP, that was in 2018, before the Pandemic and I wanted to do it again this year but the Wife didn't like the idea so I'll probably have to settle for Chicken this year. :dont:

The Neighbors got a kick outa helping themselves with tongs and a paper plate.
2021Gator1.jpg

2021Gator2.jpg

2021Gator3.jpg
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
OkieGal
Rustler

Postby OkieGal » Thu Apr 01, 2021 9:37 am

bsooner75 wrote:
Rambo wrote:
bsooner75 wrote:
Rambo wrote:

I always did bone in until I got my hands on a case of boneless from US foods. Man they turned out good and were an extremely easy cook.

Did you get those from the Chef Store? I have used the boneless breasts from the grocery store and was not too impressed.
I'll go check these out.
bsooner75 USER_AVATAR
bsooner75
High Plains Smoker

Postby bsooner75 » Thu Apr 01, 2021 9:39 am

OkieGal wrote:
bsooner75 wrote:
Rambo wrote:
bsooner75 wrote:
Rambo wrote:

Did you get those from the Chef Store? I have used the boneless breasts from the grocery store and was not too impressed.
I'll go check these out.

This is the place. I went to the location in Addison.

https://www.usfoods.com/

Return to “General Discussion”