Heads up on the Aztra Zeneca covid vaccine

The weather, news and topics not related to BBQ.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

norway joe USER_AVATAR
Norway Joe
Chuck Wagon

Heads up on the Aztra Zeneca covid vaccine

Postby Norway Joe » Fri Mar 26, 2021 9:49 am

This is not a post about getting a vaccine or not. If you're not going to get vaccinated against covid or tou are generally against vaccination you can skip this thread and there's no need to comment.

As some of you may know the Aztra Zeneca covid vaccine is about to be approved for use in the US. This vaccine has been in use here since the 11th of February but has been suspended in Norway and Denmark, Iceland and Finland. Some other countries did a pause but later resumed the use for people older than 65.

The reason for the pause in Norway was that we had 6 cases of very serious side effects. These persons got blood clotting and brain hemorrhage simultaneously within 14 days after the shot. A very, very rare condition among healthy persons and almost impossible to treat. 5 of them died. All healthy persons in their 30's. The cases happened among 120.000 vaccinated. The vaccine was mostly given to frontline health services personnel.

Denmark and Sweden have had similar cases. All Nordic countries have very good and fast registration of side effects in Central registers and are able to discover this fast.

Medical professionals have established what happened but cannot yet explain why it happened. Investigation is still ongoing and today the suspension was extended for another 3 weeks.

Vaccination with Pfizer and Moderna continues with none such cases observed so far and with 6-7 times as many vaccinated.

European medicine agency has said the vaccine is safe based on all the vaccinated in Europe but the registration in Europe is lagging and insufficient but now cases are surfacing in other countries and the decision may change in a while.

My point is that if you can get one of the other vaccines that are based on another technology like Pfizer and Moderna's mRNA you should choose that.

Here is an article in English about the case:

https://www.euronews.com/2021/03/18/nor ... ccinations

I will absolutely get vaccinated but until they know the cause of the serious side effects I will think twice about the Aztra Zeneca jab.

Sent fra min SM-G988B via Tapatalk
Last edited by Norway Joe on Fri Mar 26, 2021 10:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Instagram: Norway_joe1
rambo USER_AVATAR
Rambo
Deputy

Re: Heads up on the Aztra Zeneca covid vaccine

Postby Rambo » Fri Mar 26, 2021 10:19 am

Thank you; great info
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Fri Mar 26, 2021 11:40 am

Thanks, Joe, we've had our first Moderna but this kind of INFO is always nice to know, especially when you can pass it on to Friends and Family. Good Luck to you and yours. :tup: :salut:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
bsooner75 USER_AVATAR
bsooner75
High Plains Smoker

Postby bsooner75 » Fri Mar 26, 2021 12:07 pm

Thanks Joe. To my knowledge we are not able to choose which one we get (someone please correct me if I’m wrong). I think it would definitely put some folks mind at ease if we had options.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
grailsback USER_AVATAR
GRailsback
Chuck Wagon

Postby GRailsback » Fri Mar 26, 2021 12:34 pm

You can choose. Its no different than the choice to get it to begin with. If there is a particular one you want, go find it, or wait on it.
bsooner75 USER_AVATAR
bsooner75
High Plains Smoker

Postby bsooner75 » Fri Mar 26, 2021 12:52 pm

GRailsback wrote:You can choose. Its no different than the choice to get it to begin with. If there is a particular one you want, go find it, or wait on it.

Ah gotcha. I thought people were just getting directed to wherever their county wanted them to go and you got whatever shot they had. Thanks for the info

grailsback USER_AVATAR
GRailsback
Chuck Wagon

Postby GRailsback » Fri Mar 26, 2021 1:02 pm

If you have a preference, its just a matter of finding who and where has the one you want. My oncologist told me that I can take anyone of the 3. So if I do decide to take it, I will most likely get the single shot Johnson & Johnson. Due to the fact that I never know where I am going to be from one week to the next. Which would make it hard for me to meet the 2nd shot on some hard timeline. He also told me that since I have had the Chinese Floo, there is no need for me to rush to the front of the line, I have some time on my side when it comes to that. My wife has been vaccinated, I think she got the Pfizer, through Methodist Hospital.
bsooner75 USER_AVATAR
bsooner75
High Plains Smoker

Postby bsooner75 » Fri Mar 26, 2021 1:11 pm

GRailsback wrote:If you have a preference, its just a matter of finding who and where has the one you want. My oncologist told me that I can take anyone of the 3. So if I do decide to take it, I will most likely get the single shot Johnson & Johnson. Due to the fact that I never know where I am going to be from one week to the next. Which would make it hard for me to meet the 2nd shot on some hard timeline. He also told me that since I have had the Chinese Floo, there is no need for me to rush to the front of the line, I have some time on my side when it comes to that. My wife has been vaccinated, I think she got the Pfizer, through Methodist Hospital.

More good info. I’m kinda dragging my feet. The more info the better

rambo USER_AVATAR
Rambo
Deputy

Postby Rambo » Fri Mar 26, 2021 1:16 pm

I’m not taking it
grailsback USER_AVATAR
GRailsback
Chuck Wagon

Postby GRailsback » Fri Mar 26, 2021 1:30 pm

Rambo wrote:I’m not taking it

I may, or I may not. I suspect that with my profession, and the havoc that it reaped when this thing got to the confined spaces on a rig, that we will be forced to take it as an industry. But also I have not heard of it being brought up in the industry yet. Time will tell in that regard. I have had the chinese floo, and I do have the antibodies, not sure how long they last, and I am also not sure anyone really knows at this point.

I have taken many vaccines in order to travel the world doing what I do. But all of those had been out and around for many many years, and were well proven. The remarkable speed that they were able to produce these has been great, but I suspect that if you do take it, you won't be done taking it. As it will most likely require boosters down the road. Just my thoughts.
rambo USER_AVATAR
Rambo
Deputy

Postby Rambo » Fri Mar 26, 2021 1:44 pm

GRailsback wrote:

I may, or I may not. I suspect that with my profession, and the havoc that it reaped when this thing got to the confined spaces on a rig, that we will be forced to take it as an industry. But also I have not heard of it being brought up in the industry yet. Time will tell in that regard. I have had the chinese floo, and I do have the antibodies, not sure how long they last, and I am also not sure anyone really knows at this point.

I have taken many vaccines in order to travel the world doing what I do. But all of those had been out and around for many many years, and were well proven. The remarkable speed that they were able to produce these has been great, but I suspect that if you do take it, you won't be done taking it. As it will most likely require boosters down the road. Just my thoughts.

I can't post political views on this board
grailsback USER_AVATAR
GRailsback
Chuck Wagon

Postby GRailsback » Fri Mar 26, 2021 1:46 pm

Rambo wrote:
GRailsback wrote:

Sure you can, it just might not stay up very long.
GTR
Bandolero

Postby GTR » Fri Mar 26, 2021 2:06 pm

^^^^^^

Rambo wrote:
GRailsback wrote:

Other than old school vacs, school required, I’ve not done any after it was my choice.
"The days I keep my expectations low and my gratitude high, I have really good days."
Ray Wylie Hubbard
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Fri Mar 26, 2021 2:11 pm

GRailsback wrote:You can choose. Its no different than the choice to get it to begin with. If there is a particular one you want, go find it, or wait on it.

:wav:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
dabertl USER_AVATAR
daBertl
Bandolero

Postby daBertl » Fri Mar 26, 2021 2:46 pm

Fortunately you can use now some Heparine to avoid that the vaccine, which threatens your health so much, that you have to use some haemodilutions, for avoiding an infection of the all over homiciding virus of the world, which is not threatening you. :dont:

Who is so incredible stupid to take that submissive liquid?

And who is so mind death to give that to his own blood? To his own children?

I would kill myself before I would allow them to vaccinate my children!
Extra Bavaria non est vita, et si est vita, non est ita.

Return to “General Discussion”