Storm work

The weather, news and topics not related to BBQ.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

egghead USER_AVATAR
egghead
Egg Master

Storm work

Postby egghead » Fri Mar 19, 2021 12:05 pm

After 5 fully loaded trips to the dump with things like philodendrons, Bird of paradise, Bush Pentas, and more.

Started stacking stuff for collection hopefully next week. The two piles represent 39 Oleanders cut down to just 18”,
3 Esperanzas, 2 Pride of Barbados, 6 big bushes cut down to a foot, and a 15’ tree. The pics don’t do the piles justice. The rule is stack between sidewalk and street - I’m in a culd-a-sack so don’t have much room to spread. This is the first time I’ve stacked for a scheduled pick up - have always taken yard waste to the dump. But I bought a new truck and therefore the 12 month rule for going to the dump is in play.
Attachments
5AF955D6-5364-44FA-B584-F42FAF0F4BB1.jpeg
C1A099E8-7BE0-48CD-9EC5-FD6A9836E161.jpeg
Suppose you were an idiot, and suppose you were a member of congress; but I repeat myself - Mark Twain
XL, Small, and Mini BGE
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Re: Storm work

Postby OldUsedParts » Fri Mar 19, 2021 12:22 pm

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :cheers: :salut:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
bsooner75 USER_AVATAR
bsooner75
High Plains Smoker

Postby bsooner75 » Sat Mar 20, 2021 8:20 am

Lots of foliage lost. Good call on the dump. That trucks too pretty to scratch up just yet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
rambo USER_AVATAR
Rambo
Deputy

Postby Rambo » Sat Mar 20, 2021 11:28 am

I feel your pain Buddy. Just cut down a hedge of Indian Hathorn yesterday, what a mess. I’m still picking up huge pine limbs that broke off. Thankfully I have a set of forks that attach to the front end loader on the tractor but I still have to travel with them across the 40 acres to my burn pile
spacetrucker USER_AVATAR
spacetrucker
Chuck Wagon

Postby spacetrucker » Sat Mar 20, 2021 12:06 pm

not only is the growing season beginning, but the emerging from the worst winter freeze in many years is upon us, now that the plumbers are starting to catch up, the landscapers are going to get busy... only problem is the wife seems to think I fall into the latter catagory... :whiteflag:
Don't count every day, Make every day Count
Good Cue to ya..
Vernon

FEC-100
Webber kettle 22"
Webber genesis
Blackstone pizza oven
egghead USER_AVATAR
egghead
Egg Master

Postby egghead » Sun Mar 21, 2021 10:59 pm

spacetrucker wrote:not only is the growing season beginning, but the emerging from the worst winter freeze in many years is upon us, now that the plumbers are starting to catch up, the landscapers are going to get busy... only problem is the wife seems to think I fall into the latter catagory... :whiteflag:

My bride of 47 years, 9 months, 5 days, and 9 hours knows for sure I’m the landscaper. :laughing7:
Suppose you were an idiot, and suppose you were a member of congress; but I repeat myself - Mark Twain
XL, Small, and Mini BGE

Return to “General Discussion”