"RAZZOO'S" will DOOO

The weather, news and topics not related to BBQ.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

"RAZZOO'S" will DOOO

Postby OldUsedParts » Wed Mar 10, 2021 4:44 pm

Took the Wiffy to our Favorite Cajun/Creole Eatery today and the food was real good and "welcomed" after last year's assault on Restaurants on account of the Virus.
She had Cajun Fried Shrimp and took home their awesome Bread Pudding.
IMG_0648.jpg

IMG_0650.jpg

I had 2 # of Mudbugs and 5 Rat Toes - - - even had some leftovers that I'll scarf up this ennin. :tup:
IMG_0647.jpg

IMG_0649.jpg

They usually have very colorful MENUS full of all kinds of Goodies, However, they have temporarily switched to letter size printed reduced menus out of consideration for people contracting the Virus from handling the same plastic MENUS. The MENUS are thrown away once they are used. :tup: :salut:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
JReich
Wrangler

"RAZZOO'S" will DOOO

Postby JReich » Wed Mar 10, 2021 5:13 pm

I really liked Razzoos. Moved to San Antonio in 2010 and they don’t have one. I loved the bbq gator tail and dirty rice. Have gotten close to recreating but never quite tastes like theirs. Enjoy the leftovers!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
bsooner75 USER_AVATAR
bsooner75
High Plains Smoker

Re: "RAZZOO'S" will DOOO

Postby bsooner75 » Wed Mar 10, 2021 6:19 pm

We like Razzoos. Consistently good. Always enjoyed the Rat Toes.

Looks good

oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Wed Mar 10, 2021 6:53 pm

I wanted to stop by Hebert's on the way home and see if they have any fresh Gator but we decided to wait until Monday. I'm gonna show Sherry what Alligator Sauce Piquante tastes like :tup: :chef: :cheers: :salut:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
bsooner75 USER_AVATAR
bsooner75
High Plains Smoker

Postby bsooner75 » Wed Mar 10, 2021 7:09 pm

OldUsedParts wrote:I wanted to stop by Hebert's on the way home and see if they have any fresh Gator but we decided to wait until Monday. I'm gonna show Sherry what Alligator Sauce Piquante tastes like :tup: :chef: :cheers: :salut:

Ayeeeeee

oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Thu Apr 22, 2021 2:26 pm

Sherry had a late afternoon Doc's Appt yesterday so we decided to go on up to RAZOO'S and I'm sad to say that the food.
WAS HORRIBLE - - - I had the BBQ Gator over Dirty Rice and you really needed a Magnifying Glass to find the Gator. Sherry had fried fish and shrimp and neither one of us could bite thru the Shrimp because they were overdone and extremely hard. Pecan Bread Pudding was Frozen so we took it home and warmed it so she could eat about half. I tried a bite and did not like it at all.

Really sad to see these things happen to a favorite eatery but it's getting more and more common lately. :dont: :banghead: :whiteflag:
GTR
Bandolero

Postby GTR » Thu Apr 22, 2021 4:42 pm

Wife and I have eaten at Razzoo’s a few times at a few different locations. While not overly impressed, the out of the area stores were good. Or local shop not so much. Was willing to give them a couple more changes to no avail. In fairness that store is pretty much in the middle of “restaurant row”. Have eaten at several other regional and national chains within. Must be the water, none seem as good as locations outside this area.
"The days I keep my expectations low and my gratitude high, I have really good days."
Ray Wylie Hubbard
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Thu Apr 22, 2021 4:56 pm

:salut:
spacetrucker USER_AVATAR
spacetrucker
Chuck Wagon

Postby spacetrucker » Sat Apr 24, 2021 12:32 pm

OldUsedParts wrote:Sherry had a late afternoon Doc's Appt yesterday so we decided to go on up to RAZOO'S and I'm sad to say that the food.
WAS HORRIBLE - - - I had the BBQ Gator over Dirty Rice and you really needed a Magnifying Glass to find the Gator. Sherry had fried fish and shrimp and neither one of us could bite thru the Shrimp because they were overdone and extremely hard. Pecan Bread Pudding was Frozen so we took it home and warmed it so she could eat about half. I tried a bite and did not like it at all.

Really sad to see these things happen to a favorite eatery but it's getting more and more common lately. :dont: :banghead: :whiteflag:

I am sorry to see you had a bad experience, must have been 5 years or more ago, the wife and I were going to eat at the razoos in Round Rock, the previous visits were all good, this occasion the "doorman" decided he needed my cell phone number, ? not sure why, said he would not seat us with out my cell number; I told him we would be waiting for him a Mighty Fine the burger joint next door, haven't been back since, I hate it when a place all the sudden goes bad...
Don't count every day, Make every day Count
Good Cue to ya..
Vernon

FEC-100
Webber kettle 22"
Webber genesis
Blackstone pizza oven
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Sat Apr 24, 2021 2:02 pm

:whiteflag:

Return to “General Discussion”