Roll Call Check In Thread, 2-20

The weather, news and topics not related to BBQ.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

rambo USER_AVATAR
Rambo
Deputy

Roll Call Check In Thread, 2-20

Postby Rambo » Sat Feb 20, 2021 8:35 am

We’re good. Still 27 this morning but supposed to reach upper 40’s today. We got water back last night about 9. I’m about to go outside and start looking for leaks. I hope you’re all ok
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Re: Roll Call Check In Thread, 2-20

Postby OldUsedParts » Sat Feb 20, 2021 9:27 am

Still Blessed over here by the Lake :tup: Glad you can start checking the premises and wish you all the Luck you need.
Thoughts and Prayers for All :salut: :texas:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
GTR
Bandolero

Postby GTR » Sat Feb 20, 2021 9:33 am

Got power back Thursday evening, water was off for about an hour yesterday. So far only one pool line broke, waiting to see about the hose bibs. All in all pretty unscathed in comparison to so many others. Prayers out for all still affected and trying to dig out. :texas:
"The days I keep my expectations low and my gratitude high, I have really good days."
Ray Wylie Hubbard
norway joe USER_AVATAR
Norway Joe
Chuck Wagon

Postby Norway Joe » Sat Feb 20, 2021 11:52 am

Great to see some good news.

Sent fra min SM-G988B via Tapatalk
Instagram: Norway_joe1
Bockbock
Cowboy

Postby Bockbock » Sat Feb 20, 2021 3:57 pm

We are all good in San Antonio. Have had power for a day and a half. Have to boil our water, but that is no big deal! I even worked from 12-6 yesterday and had a full schedule of patients. We back!!!!

Glad to hear everyone is doing better!
Bockbock
Dillo Q
bsooner75 USER_AVATAR
bsooner75
High Plains Smoker

Postby bsooner75 » Sat Feb 20, 2021 5:16 pm

Feeling extremely blessed here in Celina. House seems to have held up, the sun is shining and we can actually see the grass again. Buddy and I took a spin up to rollertown and grabbed a cold beer. The sun was shining, temps in the mid 50’s. It feels great to have that sun hit my bald dome again . About to take the family out to a local rest and grab some Mexican food. The small business were hit hard with this on top of the other mess we’ve been dealing with the last year. If you are able pay one a visit and show them some love.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
papa tom USER_AVATAR
Papa Tom
Deputy

Postby Papa Tom » Sat Feb 20, 2021 5:41 pm

All good no leaks no runs no errors at my abode.
They rescinded the boil water order this morning thought that was fun they issued a boil order but we had no way to boil it (had bottled water tho)
Generator and fireplace was a savior best we could do was keep the house at about 50°F and that was for most of a week. We had power for 3 short periods (6hr total) but because our heat pump system will not work @ 20°F or below no heat.
Had enough food and could fix it.
Lost everything in the greenhouse.... I had a little propane heater going in there but -8°F was too much for it.
Ran out of generator fuel but miraculously the power came back at that very time.

The most heartwarming thing was seeing people helping people here absolutely amazing, firewood, 4 wheel drive assistance, sharing food and water. There was even a young mother that had saved breast milk in her freezer and offered it. All refused accepting any payment.
Even a local plumber sent a notice not to call him he was booked and couldn't get parts anyway but he said to fix burst pipes temporarily knock out the wet drywall take a hacksaw and cut out the bulged section of pipe and take it to a auto parts store , get a piece of rubber hose that fits with two hose clamps and install will work until plumbers get freed up.
tarde venientibus ossa....
grailsback USER_AVATAR
GRailsback
Chuck Wagon

Postby GRailsback » Sat Feb 20, 2021 6:26 pm

Papa Tom wrote:All good no leaks no runs no errors at my abode.
They rescinded the boil water order this morning thought that was fun they issued a boil order but we had no way to boil it (had bottled water tho)
Generator and fireplace was a savior best we could do was keep the house at about 50°F and that was for most of a week. We had power for 3 short periods (6hr total) but because our heat pump system will not work @ 20°F or below no heat.
Had enough food and could fix it.
Lost everything in the greenhouse.... I had a little propane heater going in there but -8°F was too much for it.
Ran out of generator fuel but miraculously the power came back at that very time.

The most heartwarming thing was seeing people helping people here absolutely amazing, firewood, 4 wheel drive assistance, sharing food and water. There was even a young mother that had saved breast milk in her freezer and offered it. All refused accepting any payment.
Even a local plumber sent a notice not to call him he was booked and couldn't get parts anyway but he said to fix burst pipes temporarily knock out the wet drywall take a hacksaw and cut out the bulged section of pipe and take it to a auto parts store , get a piece of rubber hose that fits with two hose clamps and install will work until plumbers get freed up.

Thats great advise on the rubber hose for a temporary fix to the plumbing. Now let the horror stories begin on the shady contractors around here stiffing people.
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Sat Feb 20, 2021 6:29 pm

:tup: :salut: :cheers: :tup: :salut: :cheers: :tup: :salut: :cheers: :tup: :salut: :cheers: :tup: :salut: :cheers: :tup: :salut: :cheers: :tup: :salut: :cheers: :tup: :salut: :cheers:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
rambo USER_AVATAR
Rambo
Deputy

Postby Rambo » Sat Feb 20, 2021 9:10 pm

awesome PT
boots USER_AVATAR
Boots
Wordsmith

Postby Boots » Sun Feb 21, 2021 12:55 am

Boots reporting in, no drips, no runs, no errors. We were blessed to have it easy here too in McKinney. Praying for all who didn’t.
BE WELL, BUT NOT DONE
Hank: "Do you know how to jumpstart a man's heart with a downed power line?"
Bobby: "No."
Hank: "Well, there's really no wrong way to do it."
txsmkmstr USER_AVATAR
txsmkmstr
Bandolero

Postby txsmkmstr » Sun Feb 21, 2021 9:15 am

I believe all is settled here too. Just need to start putting things away. It's amazing what a wreck the house turns into during these events. Will be glad to get off the boil water notice but at least the toilets flush good now. I haven't been to work in nine days and tomorrow starts the mad dash to catch up. Already have clients wanting their stuff first.... :banghead:
Custom LSG 24x40 - 36" Blackstone - (others - R & O FatGirl, ETSC RK-250, Tejas 1628 - all sold)
rambo USER_AVATAR
Rambo
Deputy

Postby Rambo » Sun Feb 21, 2021 10:40 am

Sunshine and blue sky’s in the Pineywoods today. I have checked all piping in the house, Poolhouse, Barn, troughs, and I believe all my hard work paid off. I can’t find any leaks, so fortunate :texas:
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Sun Feb 21, 2021 12:16 pm

Good News, Neighbor, I didn't have near the prep work to do as you but ?so far? what I did paid off - - - - I'm sure that us never loosing power helped considerably. :tup: :cheers:
tex_toby USER_AVATAR
tex_toby
Deputy

Postby tex_toby » Sun Feb 21, 2021 7:33 pm

I’ve got a leak in the wall of my pool house bathroom and also lost one of my pool pumps. The house is all good, so it could be a lot worse. I was sure glad to see the sun today. :D
20" x 40" Party Gator Pit
Custom Mobile Stick Burner
Summerset TRL 32" Built-In Grill
Weber Q2200
48" Custom Firepit
Bertello Pizza Oven

I can't always please everybody. I'm not bacon.

Return to “General Discussion”