Roll Call Check In Thread, 2-20

The weather, news and topics not related to BBQ.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

rambo USER_AVATAR
Rambo
Deputy

Re: Roll Call Check In Thread, 2-20

Postby Rambo » Sun Feb 21, 2021 7:39 pm

tex_toby wrote:I’ve got a leak in the wall of my pool house bathroom and also lost one of my pool pumps. The house is all good, so it could be a lot worse. I was sure glad to see the sun today. :D

dang
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Sun Feb 21, 2021 7:43 pm

I'm thinking that we've got a very small leak that's leaking into the ground and forming several small mud holes in the yard about10 feet from the house. Checked the Meter and it was very slowly showing usage so I shut it off and my Bud is coming in the morning to see what he can find. "Fangers Crossed" :dont:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
bobcat1 USER_AVATAR
bobcat1
Outlaw

Postby bobcat1 » Mon Feb 22, 2021 10:53 pm

Good. Only lot power for 45 minutes. It was planned and we knew it in advance. Very Blessed
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Tue Feb 23, 2021 9:18 am

OldUsedParts wrote:I'm thinking that we've got a very small leak that's leaking into the ground and forming several small mud holes in the yard about10 feet from the house. Checked the Meter and it was very slowly showing usage so I shut it off and my Bud is coming in the morning to see what he can find. "Fangers Crossed" :dont:

WELPS, looks like there wasn't a "LEAK" after all - - - my Friend uncovered the source and after a few hours of air, there was only mud. Gonna leave it open for monitoring a few days and then cover it real good. Might possibly get him to re-do the connection there. :dont:

IMG_0007.JPG
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
sailor kenshin USER_AVATAR
Sailor Kenshin
Chuck Wagon

Postby Sailor Kenshin » Tue Feb 23, 2021 12:34 pm

Is that a water line, Parts?

I'm happy to see so many checking in okay.
Moink!
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Tue Feb 23, 2021 12:39 pm

Yes'um, matter of fact it's the incoming line from the meter up front. :tup:
boots USER_AVATAR
Boots
Wordsmith

Postby Boots » Tue Feb 23, 2021 11:53 pm

Pretty shallow Parts if I am seeing it right. You’d like to see it buried at least 6 inches, below what my many plumbers have said is the frost line. You can also insulate it w some closed cell foam tubing they sell at the box store. Cheap insurance.
BE WELL, BUT NOT DONE
Hank: "Do you know how to jumpstart a man's heart with a downed power line?"
Bobby: "No."
Hank: "Well, there's really no wrong way to do it."
boots USER_AVATAR
Boots
Wordsmith

Postby Boots » Tue Feb 23, 2021 11:59 pm

Follow on:

-3 in McKinney last Tuesday and Ol Tunder and Donkey Hote wouldn’t leave the barn, even with a double blanket on.

73 today, 7 days later, and sunny, with grass sprouting in my bar ditch!

So where was the newly thawed Indian Pony?

Already hanging out in the live oak shade for a snooze. How quickly they forget.
Attachments
88C11825-2C65-4FAB-B637-F212284BD90A.jpeg
BE WELL, BUT NOT DONE
Hank: "Do you know how to jumpstart a man's heart with a downed power line?"
Bobby: "No."
Hank: "Well, there's really no wrong way to do it."
norway joe USER_AVATAR
Norway Joe
Chuck Wagon

Postby Norway Joe » Wed Feb 24, 2021 1:32 am

Beautiful picture Boots. Strange how fast the weather changes. We've also have had a very cold period but tomorrow we're expecting 50 Fahrenheit and sunny. I so much look forward to the spring this year.

Sent fra min SM-G988B via Tapatalk
Instagram: Norway_joe1
norway joe USER_AVATAR
Norway Joe
Chuck Wagon

Postby Norway Joe » Wed Feb 24, 2021 1:38 am

Boots wrote:Pretty shallow Parts if I am seeing it right. You’d like to see it buried at least 6 inches, below what my many plumbers have said is the frost line. You can also insulate it w some closed cell foam tubing they sell at the box store. Cheap insurance.
You can also strap a heating cable along the pipe. Turn it on when freezing is possible. Make sure you use one that's specified for outdoor use and isn't getting too hot. You don't want to melt the pipe.

We have that at our cabin, even if the pipes are buried 2.7 yards in the ground. It has never frozen but very convenient to plug in the power plug if it should freeze.

Sent fra min SM-G988B via Tapatalk
Instagram: Norway_joe1
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Wed Feb 24, 2021 9:10 am

Hey Boots, is "Hote" a Jerusalem Donkey :?: He looks like a Beloved "watch Donkey" that we had for many awesome years.

On the Pipe, I think I'll get my Bud to replace the entire line from the Meter to the House and a lot deeper this time. :salut:
rambo USER_AVATAR
Rambo
Deputy

Postby Rambo » Wed Feb 24, 2021 12:23 pm

OldUsedParts wrote:Hey Boots, is "Hote" a Jerusalem Donkey :?: He looks like a Beloved "watch Donkey" that we had for many awesome years.

On the Pipe, I think I'll get my Bud to replace the entire line from the Meter to the House and a lot deeper this time. :salut:

Wasn’t going to offer advice but it was killing me; great idea
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Wed Feb 24, 2021 3:28 pm

I just spoke with him and he's going 12" to 16" deep plus putting a water softener somewhere along the process. :salut:
papa tom USER_AVATAR
Papa Tom
Deputy

Postby Papa Tom » Wed Feb 24, 2021 5:24 pm

OldUsedParts wrote:I just spoke with him and he's going 12" to 16" deep plus putting a water softener somewhere along the process. :salut:

Not only freeze protection but you will have a lot cooler cold water in the summer.
tarde venientibus ossa....
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Wed Feb 24, 2021 6:00 pm

:tup: :salut:

Return to “General Discussion”