Lots of Folks Suffering

The weather, news and topics not related to BBQ.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Re: Lots of Folks Suffering

Postby OldUsedParts » Thu Feb 18, 2021 6:28 pm

Went to 3 Grocery Stores and NONE had ANY Ground Beef. :banghead: Looks like the Fish and Chicken gonna start thawing soon. :wav:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
bsooner75 USER_AVATAR
bsooner75
High Plains Smoker

Postby bsooner75 » Thu Feb 18, 2021 8:24 pm

OldUsedParts wrote:Went to 3 Grocery Stores and NONE had ANY Ground Beef. :banghead: Looks like the Fish and Chicken gonna start thawing soon. :wav:

Thankfully the wife went to the store at 6:30 am last Saturday when I went to work. She bought for the week and then some but I have seen photos online of the Kroger’s and it is slim Pickens. If you take a left and head north to the less populated area there is a Brookshire’s that we always joked was our little secret. Well, I’ve seen photos of it as well…the secret got out.

Going to take a while for the supply chain to catch up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
boots USER_AVATAR
Boots
Wordsmith

Postby Boots » Thu Feb 18, 2021 11:25 pm

I’ve heard down south in a number of powerlines down was a problem, but the main issue I have heard across-the-board continues to be that the power companies failed to winterize their generator systems to a below zero status. Sounds like failure to upgrade to a sufficient antifreeze circulation system was an issue. Amazing because in my 17 year old pick up, where I have not flushed out the radiator for at least six or seven years, still rates down to 20 below. Power companies failed to spend the dollars to protect their systems which in turn caused water failures as well, and the combination failed hundreds of thousands of people.Time for them to be held accountable along with the ERCOT.
BE WELL, BUT NOT DONE
Hank: "Do you know how to jumpstart a man's heart with a downed power line?"
Bobby: "No."
Hank: "Well, there's really no wrong way to do it."
grailsback USER_AVATAR
GRailsback
Chuck Wagon

Postby GRailsback » Fri Feb 19, 2021 3:36 am

Boots wrote:I’ve heard down south in a number of powerlines down was a problem, but the main issue I have heard across-the-board continues to be that the power companies failed to winterize their generator systems to a below zero status. Sounds like failure to upgrade to a sufficient antifreeze circulation system was an issue. Amazing because in my 17 year old pick up, where I have not flushed out the radiator for at least six or seven years, still rates down to 20 below. Power companies failed to spend the dollars to protect their systems which in turn caused water failures as well, and the combination failed hundreds of thousands of people.Time for them to be held accountable along with the ERCOT.

I have not heard any news about downed power lines. During a hurricane when that happens you can rationalize with it. But yes, It's time for some accountability to surface.
GTR
Bandolero

Postby GTR » Fri Feb 19, 2021 10:19 am

Not to be political at all but Abbot, I firmly believe, will be holding a few feet to the fire. Be it EROC or the whole of the Texas Legislature. They did after all pass legislation to put the powers that be in charge. I’m not a huge fan of the governor but when he sets his jaw things get done. :texas:
"The days I keep my expectations low and my gratitude high, I have really good days."
Ray Wylie Hubbard
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Fri Feb 19, 2021 11:04 am

The Bucket is definitely Full, with the Virus and all but Responsibilities are STILL just that RESPONSIBILITIES :tup:
SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO "GIT'ER DONE"
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"

Return to “General Discussion”