Eskimo Food

The weather, news and topics not related to BBQ.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

boots USER_AVATAR
Boots
Wordsmith

Eskimo Food

Postby Boots » Tue Feb 16, 2021 8:40 am

Since Mother Nature turned us into Eskimos and the hound was running around looking like a lobo I decided it was kinda like northern New Mexico and time to make some hot food. So six hour seared and slow braised green Chile pork tenderloin in a beef broth w P&P (posole and peppers). SB Hogwaller provided the fireworks.
Attachments
4B6E6FA8-C47F-4B48-8CDF-6E1B318DB433.png
A6AFFC80-2068-4582-8FCB-F0DB7EA40227.png
15DB34A9-F5C1-45F0-A682-22F42FE50954.jpeg
822F028C-2C81-4AFE-9B96-1A0E8CF850C8.jpeg
0EBD0226-8915-4CAE-B723-9656483D2A37.jpeg
7CA8B004-703B-4753-ABB8-AEB7FE0F4224.jpeg
7CA8B004-703B-4753-ABB8-AEB7FE0F4224.jpeg (55.71 KiB) Viewed 955 times
BE WELL, BUT NOT DONE
Hank: "Do you know how to jumpstart a man's heart with a downed power line?"
Bobby: "No."
Hank: "Well, there's really no wrong way to do it."
bsooner75 USER_AVATAR
bsooner75
High Plains Smoker

Re: Eskimo Food

Postby bsooner75 » Tue Feb 16, 2021 10:22 am

Man that looks good Boots!

Boomer is loving this weather too. He keeps wanting to lay out in the snow. Guess that’s the Pyrenees in him. He was going nuts along the fence line this morning. We think the coyotes were out moving around and he was telling them they better keep on moseying the other direction

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
OkieGal
Rustler

Postby OkieGal » Tue Feb 16, 2021 10:59 am

Boots wrote:Since Mother Nature turned us into Eskimos and the hound was running around looking like a lobo I decided it was kinda like northern New Mexico and time to make some hot food. So six hour seared and slow braised green Chile pork tenderloin in a beef broth w P&P (posole and peppers). SB Hogwaller provided the fireworks.

Oh yeah - that'll hit the spot! Warms my tummy, just lookin at it.
norway joe USER_AVATAR
Norway Joe
Chuck Wagon

Postby Norway Joe » Tue Feb 16, 2021 11:31 am

Nice warning meal. Looks great.

Dogs usually loves the snow, except dogs that fit in a purse.

Fonzie loved the snow and in the winter when I let him out in the garden I used to throw a snowball to him. Each year when we got the first snow and I let him out he realized we got snow he stopped and waited for the snowball. He always remembered from last winters.

Sent fra min SM-G988B via Tapatalk
Instagram: Norway_joe1
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Tue Feb 16, 2021 11:43 am

Looks tasty, Boot Bro, is the green a Verde Sauce or something else?? Could ?hound? possibly be "Reveille :?:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
boots USER_AVATAR
Boots
Wordsmith

Postby Boots » Wed Feb 17, 2021 6:55 pm

Joe, remembered fondly when I was out playing with Belle. He was a fine gentleman. When I die, I wouldn’t mind if I came back as a dog.

Parts, yes a Chile verde sauce my wife picked up.

And the dog is Belle, a ranch bred Aussie from Mountinair, New Mexico. Brought her home as a puppy during a snowstorm out there. She loves the stuff. Very smart but not as much as Mollie the Wonderdog. I have lobbied A&M for years to replace the Collies w Aussies; more reflective of Texans and hey, who wouldn’t love to see an Aussie chasing a Frisbee on Kyle Field at halftime? And Revellie I was just a mutt the cadets accidentally hit with their car and took home to heal up and then adopted. But we are a traditional bunch are we Aggies, I’ve gotten no traction yet on the idea.
BE WELL, BUT NOT DONE
Hank: "Do you know how to jumpstart a man's heart with a downed power line?"
Bobby: "No."
Hank: "Well, there's really no wrong way to do it."
norway joe USER_AVATAR
Norway Joe
Chuck Wagon

Postby Norway Joe » Fri Feb 19, 2021 1:56 pm

Boots wrote:Joe, remembered fondly when I was out playing with Belle. He was a fine gentleman. When I die, I wouldn’t mind if I came back as a dog.

Parts, yes a Chile verde sauce my wife picked up.

And the dog is Belle, a ranch bred Aussie from Mountinair, New Mexico. Brought her home as a puppy during a snowstorm out there. She loves the stuff. Very smart but not as much as Mollie the Wonderdog. I have lobbied A&M for years to replace the Collies w Aussies; more reflective of Texans and hey, who wouldn’t love to see an Aussie chasing a Frisbee on Kyle Field at halftime? And Revellie I was just a mutt the cadets accidentally hit with their car and took home to heal up and then adopted. But we are a traditional bunch are we Aggies, I’ve gotten no traction yet on the idea.
Very cute dog. I agree about being a dog if it lives in a caring home.

Sent fra min SM-G988B via Tapatalk
Instagram: Norway_joe1

Return to “General Discussion”