New Veggie Supplier Found

The weather, news and topics not related to BBQ.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

New Veggie Supplier Found

Postby OldUsedParts » Thu Feb 11, 2021 2:02 pm

We've recently found a Veggie Product by "Margaret Holmes" and we really like what we've tried so far. We've used their "Hoppin John" and this one V V V V V V V V V V V V V V V V V V V V V V which we really prefer over all others
https://margaretholmes.com/products/sea ... ia-onions/
I also prefer putting in a couple of strips of Bacon after dicing and browning. I have also added a cut up and par-boiled tater to the pot since it's primarily Green Beans.
IMG_0646.jpg
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
OkieGal
Rustler

Re: New Veggie Supplier Found

Postby OkieGal » Thu Feb 11, 2021 3:02 pm

I just stumbled onto those about a month ago, as well. I only saw the green beans and the green beans with potatoes.
Tried both and we really liked them too. I hope the Hoppin John shows up here.
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Thu Feb 11, 2021 3:08 pm

If you like Blackeyes done right then you'll like these and of course, some sauteed bacon never hurt anything has it :?:
I've never eaten canned greens that I liked and I'm also anxious to try their canned version if HEB starts stocking them. :tup:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
OkieGal
Rustler

Postby OkieGal » Fri Feb 12, 2021 10:51 am

OldUsedParts wrote:If you like Blackeyes done right then you'll like these and of course, some sauteed bacon never hurt anything has it :?:
I've never eaten canned greens that I liked and I'm also anxious to try their canned version if HEB starts stocking them. :tup:

NEVER! Can't go wrong with that.
1moreford USER_AVATAR
1MoreFord
Rustler

Postby 1MoreFord » Fri Feb 12, 2021 9:38 pm

I generally like Margaret Holmes products. They used to sell the best canned peaches I've ever had. Sadly they say storms devastated their orchards and I can't find out if they ever plan on selling the product again.

While these lack the taters and onions here are my favorite green beans. All the other's I've tried have the taste and texture of green sticks to me. I also like all the Allen's products I've tried.

https://www.allens.com/italian-cut-gree ... hern-style
https://www.allens.com/italian-green-beans-shellouts
Joe

Falcon MKV Gas Grill w/Grill Grates, OK Joe Longhorn now gone, CharGriller Akorn, Camp Chef 24SG, and Weber 22" OTG
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Sat Feb 13, 2021 8:32 am

I'm thinking that Allen's and Margaret Holmes are part of the same Corporation :dont: :scratch:
russ USER_AVATAR
Russ
Chuck Wagon

Postby Russ » Sat Feb 13, 2021 9:21 pm

Do you guys not grow ya own beans. We are picking French beans green beans and butter beans. Snap freeze and good to go. Cheap as chips.

Russ
4 burner q
Honky hangi
Home smoker.

It costs nothing to be nice. A smile goes a long way.
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Sun Feb 14, 2021 9:34 am

I"m pretty sure that Rambo does, Pardnah.
I used to but locale prevents it these days.
Fresh Green Beans are hard to beat. :wav:

Return to “General Discussion”