Will Ferrell and GM want a fight

The weather, news and topics not related to BBQ.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

norway joe USER_AVATAR
Norway Joe
Chuck Wagon

Will Ferrell and GM want a fight

Postby Norway Joe » Wed Feb 03, 2021 1:29 pm

Looks like America with GM and Will Ferrell are out for a fight with Norway.

Cool thing is our prime minister saw it and took her time to respond on Twitter. Her answer is embedded in the video, it starts with a commercial. Hope it shows in the US.

https://www.vgtv.no/212377?jwsource=cl

The fight is that GM want you to overtake us on the sale of electric cars.

I can take the pizza, by the way.

Sent fra min SM-G988B via Tapatalk
Last edited by Norway Joe on Wed Feb 03, 2021 2:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Instagram: Norway_joe1
GTR
Bandolero

Re: Will Ferrell and GM want a fight

Postby GTR » Wed Feb 03, 2021 5:41 pm

If it is any consolation Will Ferrell has about as much public appeal as Jim Carey, got little to no use for both. GM, and Chrysler for that matter, soured with me when they had to take a government handout to stay in business. Chrysler isn't even American owned, hasn't been for years. I've driven Fords for the last 30 years and will till I die. But hopefully you'll get to enjoy that pizza!
"The days I keep my expectations low and my gratitude high, I have really good days."
Ray Wylie Hubbard
norway joe USER_AVATAR
Norway Joe
Chuck Wagon

Postby Norway Joe » Thu Feb 04, 2021 12:07 am

GTR wrote:If it is any consolation Will Ferrell has about as much public appeal as Jim Carey, got little to no use for both. GM, and Chrysler for that matter, soured with me when they had to take a government handout to stay in business. Chrysler isn't even American owned, hasn't been for years. I've driven Fords for the last 30 years and will till I die. But hopefully you'll get to enjoy that pizza!
Haha. I've never heard about Ferrell. Agree on J. Carey. Just thought ur was funny that our little country was used in the commercial and that our prime minister picked it up and sent an answer.

Chrysler is owned by Fiat I think. Not regarded a quality car maker here.

I think Norway was used as an example due to our high sales of electric cars. Last year 56% of all new cars sold was electric. It's not because we are so much more environmentally better than other. It's just plain economy. Electric cars are so much cheaper than fossil cars. That said, there are some decent electric cars but also a lot of crap. Wife temporarily has an Opel Ampera E (Chevrolet Bolt). It's crap. It has long range, but no comfort. Bad seats and cheap interior.

She's getting the Volvo XC 40 electric hopefully in a couple of weeks. Should be better.

chasdev USER_AVATAR
Chasdev
Outlaw

Postby Chasdev » Thu Feb 04, 2021 8:10 am

I would buy electric in a heartbeat if I had the money to spare.
I worked on petro vehicles for 40 years and they are planet and people killers, period, can't wait (and won't live to see it) a non petro planet.
Keep petro for a small segment where it still makes sense, like military planes and emergency vehicles (cops/EMS/Fire) but all others run electric.
One great benefit will be the end of micro-plastic particles, which are EVERYWHERE, including in your liver dear readers, and of course in every square inch of the ocean, which has served as the toilet for industrial poison generators for WAY too long.
norway joe USER_AVATAR
Norway Joe
Chuck Wagon

Postby Norway Joe » Thu Feb 04, 2021 8:51 am

Chasdev wrote:I would buy electric in a heartbeat if I had the money to spare.
I worked on petro vehicles for 40 years and they are planet and people killers, period, can't wait (and won't live to see it) a non petro planet.
Keep petro for a small segment where it still makes sense, like military planes and emergency vehicles (cops/EMS/Fire) but all others run electric.
One great benefit will be the end of micro-plastic particles, which are EVERYWHERE, including in your liver dear readers, and of course in every square inch of the ocean, which has served as the toilet for industrial poison generators for WAY too long.

The reason why electric cars are big here is because petro cars have always been taxed extremely hard. For most people it's cheaper to buy an electric car. Most people charge their car at home but charging stations are popping up everywhere so no problem if you're going on a longer trip. A 20 minute break while charging is fine. It was time for that waffle or cake anyway.

Many of the early generations of electric cars was crap but the newer ones are fine cars.
They still obviously don't fit all needs but for most people here it does.

In 2020 these was the most sold cars in Norway. That is of all cars sold. Petro cars aren't in the top 10 list

1. Audi E Tron.
2. Tesla model 3
3. WV id.3
4. Nissan Leaf
5. Vw golf electric
6. Hyundai kona
7 Toyota rav hybrid
8. MG ZS
9. Mercedes EQC
10 Mitsubishi outlander hybrid.

Except for nbr 7 and 10 they are all pure electric.

About the plastic and microplastic pollution I totally agree.

k.a.m. USER_AVATAR
k.a.m.
Chuck Wagon

Postby k.a.m. » Thu Feb 04, 2021 9:40 am

I believe I will stick with my gas burner. Not a fan of electric vehicles I agree they have their place just not in my driveway.
Always remember slow and steady wins the race.

My Hybrid cooker.
Competition trailer #2.
sailor kenshin USER_AVATAR
Sailor Kenshin
Chuck Wagon

Postby Sailor Kenshin » Thu Feb 04, 2021 9:48 am

k.a.m. wrote:I believe I will stick with my gas burner. Not a fan of electric vehicles I agree they have their place just not in my driveway.

Same here. We got one as a loaner while my real car was in the shop for a week. Ick.
Moink!
bsooner75 USER_AVATAR
bsooner75
High Plains Smoker

Postby bsooner75 » Thu Feb 04, 2021 11:34 am

I feel like in my lifetime gas will no longer be an option at some point so I am just trying to wrap my head around that. Going to take some work on my part for sure. GM I think said they will go all electric in the next 15 years with the exception of 3/4 and 1 ton trucks. That is if I read that correctly. I figure the other manufacturers will follow shortly.

I want them to first at least make them affordable and then show me how well they can tow a boat. Then I’ll consider it.

Am I nuts or are those new electric hummers starting at $100,000?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
bsooner75 USER_AVATAR
bsooner75
High Plains Smoker

Postby bsooner75 » Thu Feb 04, 2021 11:37 am

Also - 5.4 million pizzas is a peace treaty. Once you add anchovies it’s a declaration of war

oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Thu Feb 04, 2021 11:48 am

bsooner75 wrote:Also - 5.4 million pizzas is a peace treaty. Once you add anchovies it’s a declaration of war

I love them on my Pizza and my old Pizza Lady from the good ol days called them "Eyebrows" :roll: :dont: :laughing7:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
norway joe USER_AVATAR
Norway Joe
Chuck Wagon

Postby Norway Joe » Thu Feb 04, 2021 12:09 pm

bsooner75 wrote:Also - 5.4 million pizzas is a peace treaty. Once you add anchovies it’s a declaration of war

LOL.

grailsback USER_AVATAR
GRailsback
Chuck Wagon

Postby GRailsback » Thu Feb 04, 2021 12:17 pm

Ford, F250 diesel. America is not going to save the world. Everyone will survive the little particles tickling your brain.

In fact, I just had the emmissions deleted off my truck. Cost me 1600.00 to set it free from government regulations and let it breath and perform as it was intended. And I will now get the life expectancy out of it that I paid for.
norway joe USER_AVATAR
Norway Joe
Chuck Wagon

Postby Norway Joe » Thu Feb 04, 2021 12:26 pm

bsooner75 wrote:I feel like in my lifetime gas will no longer be an option at some point so I am just trying to wrap my head around that. Going to take some work on my part for sure. GM I think said they will go all electric in the next 15 years with the exception of 3/4 and 1 ton trucks. That is if I read that correctly. I figure the other manufacturers will follow shortly.

I want them to first at least make them affordable and then show me how well they can tow a boat. Then I’ll consider it.

Am I nuts or are those new electric hummers starting at $100,000?

I too think cars in the future will be electric. Here the goal is all electric in 2025.

Driving am electric car can be fun though. They accelerate pretty quick. Torque is momentarily. Even in ordinary cars.

The xc 40 recharge my wife has bought has 408 HP and does 0-62 mph in 4.9 sec. Faster than most ordinary petro cars.Tesla is even faster.

But the sound is missing. Nothing beats the smoot straight 6 from BMW.

Or the sound of a big V8 like in this:

grailsback USER_AVATAR
GRailsback
Chuck Wagon

Postby GRailsback » Thu Feb 04, 2021 12:32 pm

Who's taxes are you going to prepare when all of the oilfield companys are shut down in Norway?
norway joe USER_AVATAR
Norway Joe
Chuck Wagon

Postby Norway Joe » Thu Feb 04, 2021 12:52 pm

GRailsback wrote:Who's taxes are you going to prepare when all of the oilfield companys are shut down in Norway?
Ask the green parties here.

Understand me correct: I love big engines, trucks, SUV'S and more but realistically the trend is still going electric whether we like it or not.

Oil industry is the only reason (and the fish) Norway is the 7th wealthiest country in the world and the state have a fund worth 1.200 trillion usd invested worldwide.

There are some people and parties here that seriously advocate we shut down the oil industry within 5-6 years. That would be an economical disaster.

Return to “General Discussion”