Don't love a great deal...

The weather, news and topics not related to BBQ.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

jamesb USER_AVATAR
JamesB
Retired Lawman

Don't love a great deal...

Postby JamesB » Thu Mar 06, 2008 12:38 am

A post over on another board reminded me of this story and I thought I would share it here...

Don't ya love it when you come across a great deal at a grocery store? Like finding something miss marked in the meat case? You might feel a bit guilty, but you buy it anyway? This happened a long time ago and I did try to do the right thing, but... Here is the story.

About 10 ys ago, I came across a deal on choice graded, whole, bone in rib eye roasts at the local Winn-Dixie. They were supposed to be on sale for $2.99lb, but they were all marked $2.99 each. I saw the meat guy coming out of the back and asked him if this was the correct price, all he said was "Priced as marked" and kept walking. I tried again to tell him about the error... again, "Priced as marked" and kept walking.

Soooooooo, I Loaded up all 8 of those bad boys that were in the case... When I went to check out, the cashier called the mgr over and you should have seen the look on his face. :shock: , but per store policy, "Priced as marked" :lol: :lol: :lol:

I sure miss Winn-Dixie...

James.
osd USER_AVATAR
OSD
Retired Lawman

Postby OSD » Thu Mar 06, 2008 6:29 am

Got to love them mistakes. :D 8) :lol: :lol:
We still have Winn-Dixie stores but they have gotten real bad. Even the new one smells and looks dirty all the time. You know something isn't right when you walk in the front door and can smell a nasty fishy smell from the seafood counter in the back of the store next to the meats. :shock: :(
Jim
bowhnter USER_AVATAR
bowhnter
Chuck Wagon

Postby bowhnter » Thu Mar 06, 2008 7:40 am

Hey man, you tried!

Now me, I woulda just left em there :twisted: :roll:
Mike

Primo Oval XL
Grilla Silverbac
Weber 26”, 22”, and Jumbo Joe
Weber Genesis
Ooni Pro Pizza oven
Blackstone 22 and 36
copkid USER_AVATAR
copkid
Chuck Wagon

Postby copkid » Thu Mar 06, 2008 9:17 am

Too bad there were only 8!!At least you tried to correct it! I'l bet that manager was running back to the meat dept. as soon as you left!
Laura

In Valor, There is Hope
-Tacitus

Lord, Keep your arm around my shoulders, and your hand over my mouth!
datsbbq USER_AVATAR
DATsBBQ
Deputy

Postby DATsBBQ » Thu Mar 06, 2008 12:01 pm

I cashed a check once at the drive up teller. The teller gave me $100 more than she should have. I rang the "call teller" button and said there was a mistake. She cut me off in mid sentence saying she had counted it twice before she sent it out in the tube. I said, well OK but I still think you gave me a $100 more than it should have been. Her attitude all of a sudden turned around 180 degrees. While I did the right thing, I was tempted to just agree with her and drive off... :roll:
Deputy Dave

“A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer."-Bruce Lee
papa tom USER_AVATAR
Papa Tom
Deputy

Postby Papa Tom » Thu Mar 06, 2008 1:17 pm

It's amazing how nice folks can become. I had a bank loan that When I went in to pay it off the payoff was about $1500 less than it should have been and I told them so. They corrected me in no uncertain terms and I paid it off. They were much much nicer when they called months later after the auditors report.
tarde venientibus ossa....

Return to “General Discussion”